Wednesday 14 December 2022

Home for Christmas - Echo Park - The Magic of Christmas

Hello, Rebecca with you today and it’s finally time for me to be sharing a festive layout with you! I know a lot of the Christmas lines get released over the summer but I like to scrap with the seasons and can’t scrap Christmas until late November/December! This month I’m working with the fabulous ‘The Magic of Christmas’ collection from Echo Park, which you can find in the shop here. 




I love the traditional Christmas colours in this collection and selected some of the red and green patterned papers from the collection to use. I love that these papers are patterned, but not too heavily, so they aren’t busy and read more as a solid. I cut the papers into strips of different widths, tearing the ends and then distressing the other edges. I love to tear papers on Christmas layouts as it reminds me of tearing wrapping paper off of gifts! I arranged the papers onto my background, slightly overlapping each other and got them stuck into place. 



I love adding subtle detailing to my background using stencils, so I reached for an older Echo Park stencil and some Distress Oxides. Using a blending brush, I applied the colour onto my background in two areas. The shades of ink used were Rustic Wilderness and Festive Berries. 




Next, I placed my photo on top of the strips of patterned paper so that it sat almost in the centre of the page, and didn’t cover too much of any one patterned paper. 


I had picked out an Element Sticker to use for my title, but I felt like the layout needed something bigger, so I replaced it with a white Bramble Fox perspextive which reads ‘Home for Christmas’. I placed the acrylic title to the right of my photo, and I love how the white stands out against the darker patterned papers. 




I was then ready to embellish my layout. I had spent the previous evening sat in front of the TV fussy cutting the foliage from the Poinsettias and Pine  patterned paper and placed several of them on the layout, focusing on building a cluster either side of my photo. To these clusters, I also added some of the Element Stickers, raised up on foam pads for dimension. I like to stick stickers to white cardstock first, and then trim around them to make them a bit more sturdy and so that they don’t completely stick to the layout once in an album. 




I finished my layout off with a hint of gold. If I’m creating with traditional reds and greens for Christmas, I always love to add some gold! Inspired by the circular collars on our matching PJ’s, I added some gold Nuvo Crystal Drops around the edges of my photo and then completed the layout with the addition of some gold paint splatters. 


I love how this layout turned out - it’s a very clean looking layout with lots of white space, which I think really makes the colours pop in the centre of the page. 




If you’d like to watch this layout come together, there is a process video over on my YouTube channel, which you can find here . 


I’ll be back later in the month with another Christmas layout- it’s December after all, so it would be rude not to! 


Wishing you all a VERY merry Christmas and hoping Santa brings you all lots (and lots!) of craft supplies! And if Santa is stuck for ideas - you may wish to remind him that Papermaze do gift vouchers ;)


Take care and stay safe. 


Rebecca x

No comments: