Monday 19 December 2022

Simple Stories Baking Spirits Bright - The Joy of Christmas Shopping

Hello. Karen here again with another layout using Simple Stories Baking Spirits Bright collection. This collection is a baking inspired Christmas collection but can equally be used for non-baking themed Christmas layouts. As well as traditional Christmas colours in the collection it also has some non-tradition colours - pink, lime green and pale blue. My layout today uses some of those non traditional Christmas colours and is about Christmas Shopping.

In the summer I'd created a mixed media background using some pale green watercolour paint. I'd smooshed, painted and added some splatters to a sheet of white cardstock. I had intended using it for a nature themed layout but ended up not liking it so had put it to one side.  When planning the layout I'm sharing today, I decided the prepared background would be perfect for this layout so I trimmed a quarter of an inch from each edge of the cardstock and layered this on top of a gutted sheet of the pink Homemade Holidays. Using white thread I also machine stitched round the edges of the cardstock.

I then layered a 6"x 10" strip of the green Season to Sparkle paper across the middle of the layout and machine stitched round the edges too. Using my finger nails I lifted the edges slightly to add some extra dimension.

My 6x4 photo was matted with the red Sweet Holiday Wishes paper and added to the right side of the layout. 3D foam was placed underneath three sides of the photo to create a pocket so that a journalling tag could be tucked underneath later. Using one of the title stickers from the Foam Sticker sheet and some small pale pink American Crafts Thickers from my stash, I created a title next to the photo.

Underneath the photo I machine stitched with white thread several wonky lines and on top of these I created a scene using houses, cars and a Christmas tree fussy cut from the Merry & Bright paper.  

On the left side of the layout I placed two tags form the Tags sheet


On one tag I added some journalling printed on the computer and this was tucked into the pocket behind my photo.


The journalling tag was attached to another tag using green twine and that tag was glued to the bottom left corner of the layout. I stuck the twine down in a few places using a wet glue.


Finally I added the date to the bottom of the layout using more of the Thickers and sprinkled some sequins from the Picket Fence Studio 'Metropolis' Sequin Mix around the layout.

I hope you like this layout and that I've inspired you to try scrapbooking your Christmas memories using non-traditional colours.

I'll be back again soon with another layout but until then I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Good New Year.

Take Care, Karen x x

No comments: