Wednesday 21 December 2022

Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Christmas Lodge - Merry Christmas!

Hello everyone,

Claire here and today I have the honour of sharing my last post of the year, and the last post before Christmas!

This month, I'm using the Simple Vintage Christmas Lodge collection from Simple Stories. You can find it in the store here

It's full of traditional festive colours with the added rustic tones of woodgrain and gingham - it's really beautiful.

As it's so close to the big day, I'm using one of the patterned papers as my background. These papers are beautifully designed and do most of the work for you, so this was a layout that came together really quickly - perfect for such a busy time of year.


Using the 'Tis the Season paper as my base, I took my craft knife and cut around some of the florals in the bottom cluster so that I could slide my cut aparts and photo underneath.


I took a piece of the red Bazzill cardstock and mounted my photo, cutting another piece the same size as my photo to act as a layer for a secondary cluster, and punched along the top with a notebook punch.


I cut one of the squares from the 3x4 Elements paper and laid it on top of the red mat, positioning my photo next to it. I distressed all the edges for that extra touch of texture.


Once these pieces were in place, it really only needed embellishing. I used the Bits & Pieces Pack to add the snowflake and small tree to the bottom cluster. 

I complemented this with some leaves and greenery from the Woodland Bits & Pieces Pack (they're my favourite - so pretty!)


Next, for my title, and of course it had to be 'Merry Christmas' from the Bits & Pieces Pack. I raised this on foam to give extra definition, and positioned it on the top right cluster.


To finish the layout off, I scattered some foam hearts from the Foam Stickers. I love the extra detail these bring and feel like they join the two main clusters across the page.


As a final touch, I added a banner and some small pieces from the Woodland Bits & Pieces pack to the photo corner, to provide a small subtitle and add extra interest.


Once this was in place, I really didn't think the page needed anymore - I wanted to let the paper shine with just a few subtle embellishments.

What do you think? I love how effortless the patterned paper background made this layout. It was super easy to pull together and took only 30 minutes to create - I'm so glad it allowed me to scrap this photo without getting too bogged down in creative thought.



I hope you'll try out these papers and share your results. I'd love to see!

Until next year, I'd like to say a huge thank you to Papermaze and to all of you for your support, and hope my layouts have given you some inspiration to get your own stories told.

Have a great holiday period and a Happy Christmas!


See you in the New Year!!

Claire xxx

@scrappysoulmate





No comments: