Friday 2 June 2023

May Papermaze Kit - Part 2

 

Lynn here today with two more layouts made using the Papermaze Kit for May. A collection of pretty pastel papers, embellishments and cardstock. There is stitching on both layouts, hand stitching and machine stitching. Here are my layouts followed by what's in the kit and how I made them.

 

 This is what you will find in the kit:

Patterned papers:

Crate Paper - Gingham Garden collection - Alight & In The Shade
Stamperia - Welcome Home collection - Clocks
P13 - Have Fun collection - #03
American Crafts - Maggie Holmes - Woodland Grove collection - Fresh Blossoms
Heidi Swapp - Set Sail collection - Small Ledgers
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Coconut Swirl & Coastal

Reverse side of papers


Embellishments:
strip of pearls, P13 chipboard embellishments, 2 diecut pieces, 2 Rosie's Studio  butterfly embellishments, 1/3rd sheet Crate Paper Gingham Garden - Happy Life Phrase Thickers, 9 chipboard pieces, green twine, 2 P13 Decorative Tags,strip puffy heart stickers.


Extra Bazzill Basics Pack - Pinkini, Aloe Vera, Peach Creme & Twill


Tea Cups - This photo of the children enjoying a spin in the teacups on the seafront at Lowestoft.

For this layout I flicked watered down, Distress Paint over some white Bazzill. Then, I tried something new, a Paige Evans Cutfile for Stitching. It cuts tiny stitch holes in the shape of the design, ready to stitch. I then stitched all the circles in chain stitch, using different shades of pink DMC thread, using all 6 strands. I trimmed this piece of card to measure 11 1/4" x 11 1/4". The edges were inked with Distress Ink in Kitsch Flamingo.


I made a frame from the floral side of 'Fresh Blossom' paper, I cut this 1" deep, and mounted the prepared stitched card over the frame.


The photo, together with two Doodlebug Designs Cupcake paper doilies and two mats cut from scraps of the 'Alight' paper, were arranged onto the layout.


I added the date and title using Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup stickers in Bubblegum and Cupcake.


Further embellishment was created with the Rosie's Studio butterfly embellishments and the puffy heart stickers from the kit.


Finally, I used Nuvo Glitter Drops - Sherbet Shimmer to add a little pink sparkle to the page.


Look At You Two - A photo from a trip to Los Angeles for a dance competition with my girls.


My base for this layout was the sheet of Coastal Bazzill. I used the paper called 'Have Fun' from P13. I cut through the white spaces between the radiating stripes of colour, Distressed and inked the edges (using Iced Spruce Distress Ink). Then I stitched them in position on the Bazzill with the sewing machine. I sprayed a little Iced Spruce Distress Oxide Spray over the finished background.


From the 'Small Ledgers' Heidi Swapp paper, I selected and cut three of the document style prints, I printed my photo to the same size as these pieces and arranged them in a fan across the layout.


I used several embellishments from the kit to decorate. The strip of pearls, the diecut pieces, Crate Paper Gingham Garden - Happy Life Phrase Thickers, some of the chipboard pieces, and the P13 Decorative Tags. I applied the little label plate with a couple of brads from my stash. I added journalling to one of the decorative tags. With Rosie's Studio Simply Charming Puffy Letter stickers, I placed the date and added to the title.




That's all from the May kit, I'll be back with the June kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: