Friday 8 December 2023

Jolly Christmas - Simple Stories - The Holiday Life Collection

Hello it’s Rebecca with you today sharing my first layout of December! I can’t believe we are only a matter of weeks away from Christmas! The good thing about that is I’m finally in Christmas scrapping mode! This month I am working with ‘Our Holiday Life’ from Simple Stories. You can find the collection here.




I adore the papers and colours in this collection - very traditional with the reds and greens. I wanted to use all the papers at once and was really struggling to make a decision on what to use. In the end, I decided to use a small amount of a few different papers. I selected my favourite papers, and cut small strips from them in varying widths and lengths. After arranging them in the centre of a sheet of premium white cardstock, I cut fishtails into the bottom of each and adhered them in place. 




My photo is a little smaller than 3x4 inches, backed on white cardstock and matted with a darker patterned paper from the collection. I positioned it to the top right corner of my banner pieces with a layer of craft foam behind it to add dimension. 




To the centre of my banners, I added my title - a Foam Sticker  which reads ‘jolly’ and a die cut from the Bits and Pieces pack which reads ‘Christmas’. 




I selected some florals from the Floral Bits and layered them at either end of the banners. I’ve raised some of these up using foam pads to add depth and dimension. 


It’s a really simple layout, but I love the way the colours pop against the crisp white background. 



Thanks for reading. I hope you like the layout. I’ll be back later in the month with another!


Take care,


Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft

No comments: