Friday 1 December 2023

November Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn back today, with the second pair of layouts made using the November Papermaze Kit. A lovely selection of bright colours with some black and white too.

 

Here are the details of what you will find in the kit.


Patterned Papers:
49 & Market - Spectrum Gardenia - Painted Foundations Color Wheel
Doodlebug Design - Hello Again - Dainty Dots
Simple Stories - The Little Things - Always Remember
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Life In Bloom - Make Time
Simple Stories - What's Cookin' - Let's Eat
American Crafts - Shimelle Main Character Energy - After Hours
Bazzill Basics - CS White and Hillary

Reverse side of papers

Embellishments

9 frames of Tim Holtz Film strip ribbon, 3 Paige Evans die-cut leaves, heart button, 1m black twine, 1 sheet alphabet stickers, 1 strip of enamel hearts, 1 flair badge, 6 water droplets

Bazzill Basics extra pack - Blackbird, Apricot, African Violet and Petunia

Yes, You Can! Photos of the girls on the way home after their first ballet exam.

For this layout I used the CS White Bazzill from the kit and did some stencilling down the centre matching the colours of the papers. I chose Peacock Feathers, and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Inks through a stencil from my stash. I flicked more of these inks and some water over the area too.  


I cut two large triangles from the striped side of 'After Hours', then I cut two more slightly larger from the spotty side of  'Make Time', paper. The stripes were mounted over the dots and then applied to either side of the layout.



My photos were mounted on to white, then black cardstock scraps. and then arranged onto the layout. From scraps of the Make Time paper I cut some of the tickets and tucked these around the photos. 


My title and some arrows were taken from Vicki Boutin's The Details Thickers puffy phrase stickers pack.  More details were added with the alpha sticker pack from the kit.


Finally, I added the water droplets from the kit.


 Baby Girl - I used a photo of the very youngest member of the family.


I completed all the cutting and mounting of papers and cardstock, before working out where to do the stamping. The sizes for this will depend on the size and orientation of the photos. For this I used the Petunia Bazzill, both sides of the 'Dainty Dots' paper and the spotty side of the remains of the 'Make Time' paper. I mounted my photo onto some scrap white cardstock, and cut and arranged the mounted patterned papers across the page. Using Blackbird Bazzill as a base, and without sticking anything in place, I worked out where the stamps should go. I made light pencil marks before everything was removed from the background.



With a VersaMark ink pad and Jofy stamp set #14, I stamped the daisies onto the black, and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The paper, card and photo were then glued in place.


I punched some butterflies using a Martha Stewart 3 in 1 punch, I places a cluster of these around the flowers.


With another scrap of Make Time paper and more Petunia Bazzill, I made a half tag, punching a hole and rounding the corners. I used the heart button and the black twine from the kit to attach to the tag and mounted it to the top left of the layout.



I created some dots around the flowers and butterflies with White Gloss Nuvo Crystal Drops.


My title was created with some white foam letter stickers. With the sticker pack in the kit, I added Poppy's name and the date. Finally, I trimmed a selection of phrases from the 'Always Remember' paper, and placed them around the page.

That's all from the November kit, I'm currently preparing layouts with the December kit - I'll be back soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: