Wednesday 6 December 2023

Echo Park - Christmas Time - Tis The Season

Hi everyone,

Claire here today sharing my first festive layout using the Christmas Time collection from Echo Park.

I really love this collection - its packed full of traditional colours, patterns and florals that I love to use for festive scrapping. You can find it in the shop here.


For this layout, I'm documenting a photograph from a friend's husband, @orangeymart_46, who kindly let me scrap this incredible photograph of some deer he captured on camera!

I started by prepping a piece of Premium White Cardstock with gesso before adding watercolour with a brayer. Once the ink was dry, I added some Distress Oxide with a brush through some Vicki Boutin stencils, creating additional depth to the background.


To create some extra interest, I wanted to double mat the photo, leaving the bottom edges long to showcase this beautiful patterned paper. To do this, I chose a the more delicate Santa Swirl paper, and the vibrant Magical Christmas paper.

For an extra layer, I added a small fishtail banner, cut from the Snowflakes Falling paper, and raised the ends on foam to help give separation.


I also cut a strip of Kraft cardstock and punched along the edge to create a lacey pattern. I like this rustic colour as it helps to draw out the woodland feel of the page.

Once all the photo layers and papers were in place, I started to embellish.

I cut some of the florals from the Festive Floral paper and layered these around the photo, raising some on foam for extra height and curling the leaves to give movement. I also added a fir cone from the Element Stickers to again echo the brown woodland feel. 


To this, I also added a sleigh from the sticker sheet and my title, both of which run along the bottom edge of my photo. 


For an extra pop of red, I found this lovely trim in the Sticker Book. Really love the extra colour this gives - it really lifted the page.


On the opposite side of the photo, I wanted to create a small tree cluster using trees from the Sticker Book and of course, that awesome deer - How could I resist?!



To the top edge, I added another small cluster using the stickers to tie in the design.


As a finishing touch, I added a torn strip of the red paid Magical Christmas paper to the bottom of the page to balance and anchor the design.

This page has been a really fun one to put together, and I look forward to sharing another layout with you soon.

Until then, enjoy the festivities!

Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate.

No comments: