Lynn here today, with the pretty pastel July Papermaze Kit, and my second pair of Design Team layouts. Such a lovely kit with double-sided papers, Bazzill cardstock and a selection of embellishments. This second pair of layouts, are from two different children's farm visits, back in the 1990's.
Before looking at how the layouts were made - here is a peek at what you will find in the kit.
49 and Market - From The Garden collection - Wildflower & Foxglove
49 and Market - Travel Diaries collection - Sheet 1
Graphic 45 - Always & Forever collection - Regency Blue Pattern & Solid Sheet
Uniquely Creative - Tea & Tranquillity collection - Quiet Daydreams & Garden Sanctuary
This photo shows both side of the papers:
Embellishments:
2 Petaloo Flowers
1 Craft Consortium Dragonflies
1 Dovecraft Frame
3 Rosie’s Studio Jubilee Wax Seals
3 Uniquely Creative Ticket Washi Tape Stickers
50cm Twine
1 Mintay Chipboard Clock
Bazzill Basics Cardstock
Lagoon, Twig (included in kit), Avalanche, Smoky, Petunia & Nixon (extra Bazzill pack)
Farmyard Fun - My daughter Emily enjoying an evening at the children's petting farm, in the Wheatsheaf Inn in the village of West Beckham, Norfolk.
The base for this layout is a sheet of white cardstock, I used a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil THS070 to create a soft background, with Distress oxide inks. Then I tore two strips from the Uniquely Creative - Tea & Tranquillity collection - Quiet Daydreams. The wider stripe border was approx. 12" x 2" and the pink script side 12" x 1.5". these were placed to the right side of the layout, with the polka dot, barcode strip from the same paper, positioned in-between the two papers.
I tore six of the large squares from the Garden Sanctuary paper, then layered these over-lapping one another in two rows at the centre of the layout. I did not add glue to the very edges of these squares as I wanted to tuck embellishments around the edges later.
From the other side of the Garden Sanctuary I selected and fussy cut tags and tickets. I punched holes into the top of the tags. These were arranged around the squares. I placed two photos onto the squares, leaving room for the title.
The title was cut twice on the Cricut, once in Nixon Bazzill and the second time, in the striped side of Quiet Daydreams paper. These were layered up to create a shadow, and placed above the photos.
I added a little Baker's Twine to two of the tags.
The date was added with some puffy number stickers. Finally, I decorated the layout with 49 and Market, Laser cut elements from the Whispering Way collection.
Down on the Farm - My girls at Godstone farm, a twins club outing, we were accompanied by their Aunty and her girls.
I gutted the 49 and Market - Travel Diaries collection - Sheet 1 paper, to make a 1" border, over this I machine stitched a 11" x 11" piece of Regency Blue Pattern & Solid Sheet paper. I rounded the corners of this paper before stitching it in place. The cut edges of all the papers were inked with Distress Ink.
With the piece gutted from the Travel Diaries collection - Sheet 1, (beige side up), trimmed down to 8" x 8", also with the corners rounded. I stitched this onto the centre of the layout.
A scrap of the Regency Blue Pattern & Solid Sheet paper, trimmed to 1" x 10.5" was arranged across the middle of the page. on top of this and slightly lower I added a scrap of Foxglove paper after trimming one edge with a scalloped border punch. Both these pieces were inked with Distress ink.
I selected two photos, one was mounted onto a scrap of Quiet Daydreams paper, the other was mounted under the metallic copper Dovecraft Frame from the kit. These were arranged onto the page.
I fussy cut three more tags from the Garden Sanctuary paper, punched holes in the tops and tied them together with some natural twine. these were spread out and stuck to the bottom right of the photos, ready for my journalling.
I used a selection of alphabet stickers to create my title, which I placed under the photos. To embellish, I used two Rosie’s Studio Jubilee Wax Seals from the kit and more of the 49 and Market, Laser cut elements from the Whispering Way collection.
That's all for today, back with more from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x



No comments:
Post a Comment