Monday 11 April 2016

paperartsy, kay carley stamps

I have been working with the beautiful Kay Carley stamps, and created a card and a wall hanging
For the wall hanging I have used some canvas, hessian, watercolours, micro nail, beads, natural buttons and my trusty sewing machine.
I started by cutting a piece of canvas to size and went about deciding which stamps I would use from both sets and created a mask with some post it notes,  I used Claudine Hellmuth canvas, but if you are using shop bought canvas it may need priming with gesso.
Once I stamped my images I coloured them with watercolours to give  a subtle effect. I also cut down a household sponge to do my background with watered down blue and green watercolours. Used my sewing machine to attach the hessian and the tabs on the top. small nail micro beads added to the flowers. 
 
 

here is a close up of the wall hanging



The card is made in the same way using watercolour card stock and I made a surround with white and purple card stock

 
Really pleased how this turned out as it made a lovely Birthday gift and card for my Mum.

3 comments:

Anita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita said...

These are really beautiful Karen, I love the soft colours x

Lynn said...

Very pretty Karen, your Mum must love it. x