Friday 22 April 2016

Time to Hang ..... and Let's Go Ape Together!

Hi There, it's Anita here again and my post today is using up my last bits of Kaisercraft Provincial and also the other embellishments I had for April.

I had a lovely chipboard clock sent in my kit and I want to do something with it rather than just stick it onto one of the layouts.



 So, I used some Metallic Gilding Wax in gold, and rubbed it in patches around the front of the clock face. I then chose a photo of my 2 girls that fitted nicely in the centre aperture of the clock and glued them in.
The flowers were originally a pale cream and so I used a shimmer mist spray to  make them the colour I really wanted for this project. I also had a mix of cream lace pieces, so I popped a couple of lengths into a little bowl of water and squeezed some Distress Stain into it, stirred and let them soak for about half an hour. I only wanted a pale colour, but if you want a deeper colour you can add more ink or even dab directly onto the lace for more intensity.


I finished up by adding buttons, flat backed pearls, punched out leaves and a metal word plaque.
I am hanging this little project on the wall, but you could still easily add it to a layout if you wanted to.

I have also created another layout, Go Ape Together! I thought this was going to be a difficult paper to use due to the heavy hedge type background, however I found these photos from a family trip to Bedgebury Forest a couple of summers ago and thought they worked well.

I used an edge punch on the top and bottom of the layout and then backed it onto a sheet of green cardstock. I took some Platinum Acrylic paint and splattered some huge blobs across the page and also painted some chipboard letters in the same colour for the title.

I matted the photographs on hessian, which I frayed the edges on. I used the strips I pulled off to place under the word APE for a little more texture.


I then finished the layout off with a couple of tags, some sequins and some Foam Thickers for the title.
Thanks for looking  xxx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Two very different projects, but both lovely. Some really useful tips here too Anita. Thanks for the inspiration. x