Monday 4 June 2018

Crazy Good Times with Simple Stories hello Summer


Hi Tracee with you today, sharing a  fun page using Simple Stories Hello Summer collection. The colours are stunning and so totally up my street.


Crazy Good times  tracee provis papermaze simple stories hello summer 01

I love Pina Colada and this picture of me drinking one was a perfect colour match for the papers. I am really into creating my own backgrounds on white cardstock right now and I was inspired by all the circles on the 'Best Day Ever' sheet to drag out my circle punches and recreate my own version.


                            Crazy Good times  tracee provis papermaze simple stories hello summer 03

I cut various circles from both the patterned paper and some matching cardstock, after I had layered them up I used my sewing machine to create a wavy line and hold them all in place.


Crazy Good times  tracee provis papermaze simple stories hello summer 02

The reverse of the 'Best Day Ever' sheet has some fun saying on a salmon pink background, so I made sure to include a couple of these at the top. I used the stickers to add some fun words in between the fussy cut clouds and stitching.

Crazy Good times  tracee provis papermaze simple stories hello summer 04

My title is a mixture of wood veneer words and a sticker from the combo sticker sheet. I dabbed a very small amount of gesso onto the wood veneer to tone it slightly, I then layered this over the top of the Good vibes sticker and the large pineapple that I fussy cut from the 3 x 4 Elements sheet. Sorry for the quality of the photograph but it was very sunny out and I am so happy to be able to say that! 
The Hello Summer collection is exactly that, a great introduction to your Summer scrapping

I hope my page has inspired you to start your summer projects. For this page and all your scrapping needs please head over to the shop















3 comments:

Anita said...

I LOVE this page Tracee! Great background idea and loving the sewing too. Fab pic of you! xx

Lynn said...

Super background Tracee. Another great layout. x

Karen said...

I really love this colour combo and how you've created your own background with the stitched circles.