Friday 22 June 2018

Life is Good with Simple Stories Hello Summer

Hi Tracee with you today sharing another layout created with the fun Hello Summer collection by Simple Stories. Hope the sun is with you today as it's so much nicer creating in this lovely weather. 



This collection is especially fun as the colours are bright and the saying all happy, I used this photo of my son & daughter just after he picked his new car up. I got the date wrong and it was actually 2016, which I have now rectified!





I created a watercolour background with some watercolour pencils and scrumpled packaging. I first added some clear gesso to my page to stop the paper soaking up all the liquid. This is my favourite way to make this type of effect, as soon as I have my watercolour on the page I use a soft brush to push into the spots I want. I added some Nuvo drops. These are great for creating the tiniest of dots and there are so many colours to choose from over in the shop




I used my sticker sheet and I love how some of them are made up of all the colours in the collection which makes it easier to select a wider range of papers for one layout. I raided my stash and found some tiny puffy stickers by Amy tangerine, they are older but fit perfectly on my page, in case you are looking it is the tiny cluster of yellow flowers on the title sticker.




I didn't leave space for my journaling so I added some tags behind the photo, the fabric one is a very old one by Maya Road. Vanessa sent me some adorable wood veneer words in my pack this time and I layered the "awesome" on top of my layers running vertically. I added another of those puffy stickers on top of the clouds and word sticker from the combo sticker sheet.
I hope you have enjoyed my share today, I enjoyed creating it. For this and all your scrappy needs please head over to the shop





1 comment:

Karen said...

Lovely layout - such great colours. x