Wednesday 11 July 2018

Travel Mini Book - Here & There

 
 

Hi, it's Lisa here today. I've just realised. As I type this up and schedule in for the month ahead, this post is going up when I'm actually in Savannah. Funny!!

I'm trying to be super organised. Not only have all my projects created and the blog posts and videos edited and scheduled before I head off on my travels, but I also wanted to make some mini books ahead of time. So when I get back I can just print off photos and add our stories.

You can watch me creating this mini book here on my YouTube channel.

 
 
 
This is a great collection to use. What I love about it, is that it's not overly 'travellerly'. I think I just made up that word!!  You know what I mean though. It's travel themed, but easy to use on other projects too. It's quite versatile which I think is a must in a collection.
 
 
 

    I choose the 12x12 papers but there is also a smaller 6x6 paper pad which I also love.
I've folded my papers to make a very basic mini book. I've used a long reach stapler with green staples to secure the pages together. To add extra interest I've added glassine envelopes for pockets to hold memorabilia that I collect and also I've used the Ephemera pack and stuck pieces in so they stick over and out.
 
 
Like this here.
I really like this look.
 
 
I've made sure that there's plenty of space for photos and journaling throughout.
I've cut the leaves and the arrows from the papers to add on each page as embellishments.
 
 
I really hope you like this mini book. I think a mini book is the best way to capture a short trip. We are only here for 2 nights and I'm sure there will be lots of photos and stories to document.
 
Don't forget the video here.
 
Thanks so much. Lisa x
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is fabulous! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Lovely little book Lisa and I bet you'll have lots of amazing photos from your trip to fill it with.

Anita said...

This is so lovely Lisa....hope you are having a fabulous holiday.