Monday 9 July 2018

Bo Bunny - Summer Mood

Hello, Karen here. Isn't it hot????  I like to scrapbook with the seasons and for my layout today I used the wonderfully bright summery Summer Mood collection from Bo Bunny. This collection screams SUMMER with gorgeous yellow, blue and pink tones. I was so excited when Vanessa sent me the collection to work with and knew immediately that I wanted to scrapbook a photo of my daughter taken on the beach several years ago.


I trimmed a sheet of the Surprise paper to approx 11.5" x 11.5" and matted this to a sheet of 12" x 12" white Bazzill cardstock.


Some of the Let's Go paper was used to create a sunburst effect behind my 5" x 7" photo which I had already matted on some white cardstock and a piece of the Freshly Squeezed paper. I machine stitched the edges of the sunbursts with yellow thread and roughed up the edges with my finger nails to give them some dimension. Bakers Twine was twirled on top of the sunbursts and glued here and there with some wet adhesive to keep it in place.


As the Surprise paper had pictures of pinwheels on it I felt that some homemade pinwheels would be the ideal embelishments for my layout. I made these from some scraps of paper which matched the blues in the Bo Bunny papers. I used brads as centres.



I added some of the stickers from the Combo Sticker Sheet to the layout including thee little banner stickers at the top left corner. I also added some bunting from the sticker sheet and some which I fussy cut from the Beat the Heat paper.


I die cut some lettering for my title and also used a Wood Veneer wood chip from Freckled Fawn which I painted with some blue acrylic paint.


My layout was completed with a scattering of sequins, some tiny letters stickers and a few enamel dots.

I can't tell you how much I love this Bo Bunny collection and you can find all the products I've used in the Papermaze shop plus lots more.

I'll be back later in the month with another project using this collection but in the mean time take care and stay cool!

Karen
x x

1 comment:

Anita said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Karen, love hoe you have worked these papers. gorgeous pic too xx