Friday 10 August 2018

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy with Bo Bunny's Summer Mood

Hello, Karen here with another project using Bo Bunny's Summer Mood collection.

Some of the patterned papers in the collection have lemons printed on them which inspired me to scrapbook some photos of my daughter taken when she was making lemonade.



I started with a sheet of 12" x 12" white Bazzill cardstock and using a dry foam brush I roughly  painted a square in the middle with some yellow acrylic paint. Once the paint had dried I trimmed a quarter of an inch off of each side of the page and matted this onto a 12" x 12" sheet of black cardstock. Using my sewing machine I stitched round the edges using black thread.


I matted my two photos on white cardstock and then layered several pieces of the patterned paper behind and also a white paper doilie and a die cut frame from Pink Fresh Studio.

Lemon slices  from the Combo Sticker Sheet and a few extra slices, fussy cut from the patterned paper, were tucked behind the layers. A phrase sticker  from the sticker sheet was used to embellish the frame.


I made a shaker box (lemon slice) from some of the 'Lets Go' paper and a scrap of acetate which was filled with some yellow and gold sequins. The shaker box and my title, which I die cut from yellow cardstock, were stuck beneath the photos with the title raised on 3D foam dots.


I had received some pink wooden buttons in a previous DT kit but had been unable to use them, so I decided to try painting them yellow to use on this layout. The acrylic paint I used on them took really well and transformed them into the perfect embellishments for this layout.


My journalling strips were printed on the computer and stuck to the bottom  of the page. I decided to outline the journalling strips and other elements with a black fine liner pen to add some definition.


The layout was completed with a scattering of yellow and gold sequins, some enamel dots and a couple of torn pieces of paper were stuck to the top and bottom edges.

I hope you enjoyed this layout and feel inspired to use the Bo Bunny Summer Mood collection which you can find along with lots of other gorgeous goodies in the Papermaze shop

1 comment:

Anita said...

Really love this fun page Karen, its really zingy and fresh...and that shaker box is just too cute! xx