Here is a reminder of the kit content:
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Unforgettable collection - Natural Beauty
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - More Than Words collection - Darling Buds
Kaisercraft - Ladylike collection - Rose
Kaisercraft - Lily and Moss collection - Circular
Prima Marketing Inc. - Apricot Honey collection - All Together
Stamperia - House of Roses - TagsBazzill Basics Cardstock - Lagoon and Bark
The extra Matchmaker Bazzill Basics Cardstock Pack: Sunset Rose (Dotted Swiss), Mauve Ice, Bazzill White and Cinder
Embellishments: 2 tickets, crochet flower, Prima flower, 3 pink rosebuds, 10 clear Dew Drops, long strip of pearls, Kaisercraft rhinestone flower, Kaisercraft Curio, 12" lace, Dusty Attic chipboard, gold doily, 5 rose gold buttons
Hilda Marguerite - This layout features a delightful old photo from my husband's family - Aunty Hilda when she was a young girl - 1908 - 1982.
All the papers were distressed and inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
First I took the sheet of Prima's Apricot Honey collection - All Together paper, I wanted to use the pretty foiled butterflies as well as the shabby white brick side. I started by cutting a strip approx 3.5" x 12" wide down one side of the paper. I also gutted a piece from under where my photograph would later sit. This gave me plenty of butterflies to fussy cut (and set aside), as well a brick background for most of the layout.
|Prima - Apricot Honey - All Together|
I had the same dilemma with the Kaisercraft - Ladylike - Rose paper, liking the roses as much as the pink and white polka dots! I tore a strip approx. 3.25" x 12" and another of about 1" x 12". I also tore a strip of Mauve Ice Bazzill 1" x 12".
|Kaisercraft - Ladylike - Rose|
With a scrap sheet of 12" x 12" paper (This is a sheet of thin scrapbook paper from my stash which I don't like or ever think I will use for a layout, rather than throw it out, I keep some for this purpose), I placed the brick paper to the right, then working to the left I added the Bazzill, then the roses side of the Kaisercraft paper followed by the spot side of the Kaisercraft on the far left. I only stuck them lightly as I wanted to tuck elements between the layers later on.
I mounted the photo onto some Mauve Ice Bazzill and attached it to the layout. I used the two tickets from the kit to decorate the right side of the photo raising one of foam tape. With the Sizzix Thinlits Ticket Booth die set I cut more tickets - from scraps of the Prima paper, picking foiled areas of script. These were tucked into place between the layers of paper and under the photo and other tickets.
I had a pack of Dusty Attic Chipboard Cherry Blossom in my stash and decided to decorate this with embossing powders. I used Bronze ultra thick embossing powder for the branches, and Stampendous Frantage Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel for the flowers - this is mainly white but has flecks of bronze and pink in it. I placed them top and bottom of the layout and popped a dot of Copper Penny - Nuvo Crystal Drops in the centre of each flower.
The title was created with Bazzill - Mauve Ice and the Sizzix Bigz XL Handmade alphabet die for 'Hilda' and Bark with the Sizzix Sizzlit Decorative Strip Typeset die for 'Marguerite'. I added a little Honey Gold Nuvo Crystal Drops to the larger word.
I used the large rose from the kit together with two smaller roses and some silk leaves from my stash to create a cluster of flowers for the bottom right of the photo, just below the tickets.
Finally I attached a scattering of the butterflies I cut from the Prima paper, with some foam tape and a little more of the Honey Gold Nuvo drops to make the wings sparkle.
The Cake - Back to the wedding for this layout and a photo of George and Catherine cutting the cake. For this page as well as chipboard and embossing, I used lots of punches, inspired by the work of the talented Tracy Christine Funk.
I used the pink side of the Cocoa Vanilla Studio - More Than Words collection - Darling Buds as the base for this page. It's not easy to see in the photo but I splattered Dylusions White Linen Ink Spray over the page.
The layering was created with a selection of Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page punches from my collection. I used Lagoon Bazzill, and both sides of the Kaisercraft - Ladylike - Rose paper. I used the Crafter's Companion - Tea Party - Doily die and the Lagoon Bazzill to add to the layers, one of these was embossed with Stampendous Frantage - Shabby White Embossing Enamel.
The clock cut from the Stamperia - House of Roses - Tags paper last time, was distressed and I made some hands with scraps and place one of the pearls in the centre. This was tucked under the top left of the photo.
I had most of a pack of Dusty Attic French Flourish Border chipboard, and I cut a strip of three flourishes for the left side of the photo and one for the right. These were embossed with Stempendous Frantage - Aged Teal Embossing Enamel. before placing onto the layout.
I made my title on a piece of the pink dot paper, cut with a label die. Then I cut the word 'CAKE' using the Sizzix Bigz XL Alpha die - Handmade. I placed this with foam tape to the bottom left of the photo. I used some tiny letter stickers to add 'THE' to the photo just above the label. I arranged a few paper roses from my stash under this title.
With the chipboard frond in the kit I treated this with Stampendous Frantage - Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel. This was place with the roses.
I used embellishments from the kit to finish off: - the crochet flower at the top right of the photo with one of the buttons in the centre; The curio by the title; The rest of the buttons scattered near the roses; The Dew Drops all over the page; The rest of the long strip of pearls among the buttons; Finally the lace ribbon along the bottom of the Flourish Border.
That's all for the February Kit - back with the March kit soon.
Thanks for looking