Friday 17 April 2020

Some Bunny Loves You....and the Lockdown Bunny!

Hello Again

 I hope you had a lovely Easter, even though I am sure it was very different to any others you can remember! It's Anita here again with you and I thought I would veer away from doing a layout for my post today.
 Originally I had planned these as Easter bunnies, but got my dates all muddled up and realised they would be a little late! I have decorated them with some more of the remnants I have left from my Farmhouse Market by Carta Bella DT kit.



The bunnies started life looking like this....chunky wood with a drybrushed white paint coating. I have only decorated one side so that I can still turn them back to front if I wish and go for the orginal simple style.
    They were super cheap and I only paid less than £2.00 per bunny which i thought was a real bargain!



I drew round the rabbit onto a sheet of Vintage Floral and then cut the shape slightly smaller so that the edges of the wood still showed. When the adhesive had dried, I gently swiped all round the edges of the bunny with an almost dried out, dark brown ink pad.

I cut a couple of teeny tags from the sheet of Timeless Floral , inked the edges and added some raffia to hang them from. A raffia collar was tied round the bunny's neck and the tags hung from that.
 A little blossom from the Prima Apricot Honey Grapefruit Tart range was popped on to finish it off.

It was at this point that I noticed something really rather bizarre about this bunny ( as seen further down this post).... and decided I needed to cover it....so I stamped a couple of strips of paper with the words Be Happy and added them to his face.



The sitting bunny was covered with a piece of the reverse side of 4 x 6 Journalling cards and then inked the same was as the standing bunny and another raffia collar and blossom added. I stamped on some strips of paper to say Some Bunny Loves You.

.


So....this is the reason I had to add the words on the 1st bunny......just look at his face.....those crazy eyes!!! Except they were not meant to be and it happened as a complete fluke! The floral pattern is repetetive on this sheet and I didnt even think about the placement when I cut the shape out! However once I papered him, inked him and prettified him my Hubby was quick to point out his *wonky, crazy looking eyes*!! So I quickly covered them with the words. Rebecca from the DT aptly named him Lockdown Bunny LOL!



At the moment the words are only stuck on with blutac so I can still remove them if wanted.....he does have a sort of unhinged look about him doesn't he....but at the same time cute??

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my post with my Funny Bunnies....... I now have only got some teeny scraps left of my papers.....but who knows, maybe I make a little something with them too.

Happy Crafting and Stay Safe xx

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

No comments: