Monday 6 April 2020

March Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here today, back with more from the brightly colourful March Papermaze Kit. I have had more fun creating with rainbow colours for these two layouts.


Before the details on making these layouts, here is a reminder of what you get in the kit, but for more details please see March Kit Part 1 post
HERE.




Easter 1998 This photo was taken by a professional photographer who came to the twins club in the Easter holidays when the triplets were 6 years old.
 

I gutted the sheet of Crafty and Happy paper and with the striped side up, I made a frame for my layout. I cut the Pear Bazzil to measure 27cm x 27cm, and the white to measure 28cm x 28cm. I also gutted the white to give me plenty of card to cut my leaves. Then I layered these papers as in the photo.

With a Vicki Boutin stencil I created some daisies on the Pear Bazzill with white texture Paste. Once this was dry I attached the green lace across the middle of the page. I applied my photo with 3D tape, leaving the edges free from adhesive to allow for the leaves to be tucked underneath later.

With a Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set - Cut Out Leaves, I cut three sets of the leaves. The dies cut the intricate internal patterns of the leaves only, so I then trimmed around each leaf with my scissors. I arranged the leaves around the bottom of the photo.

I die cut my title using more of the Crafty and Happy paper and White Bazzill. I created shadows with the white letters under the coloured letters. Then I drew around the letters with a fine marker.

Centres were added to the daisies with some Nuvo Crystal Drops, then I added random smaller drops in various colours, scattered over the page.

Girl On Tour - My daughter is on tour with PW Productions and The Woman In Black, and they travelled to Washington DC last December, as Stage Manager she had to organise the costume and prop luggage as well as her own!


 
I was initially inspired by
a layout made by Neftali Zambrano, although she used stitching and I went for paint, making for a very different finished effect.

For this page I chose the sheet of Petalsoft Bazzill. From the sheet of Round Trip paper I cut out a selection of tickets, I wanted a few in each colour of the rainbow. Then I arranged them along the top of the Bazzill. Before sticking them doen I marked in pencil where the colour changes would be, then removed the tickets and started with the paint.

Using acrylic paint I ran drips of each colour from the top of the page, allowing them to take their own path downwards. Once each colour was dry I started the next, and so on ...

The tickets were placed back onto the Bazzill and glued in place. I added two pale pink tickets to the bottom left of the page.

Using a set of Tim Holtz tag dies, I cut come luggage labels, one in White Bazzill, and three in Crafty and Happy paper. I arranged these around my photo, leaving enough room to write my journalling on the white tag and place my title on the larger striped tag.

From the kit I used the
puffy words stickers for the title, one of the chipboard quotes and the two stitched hearts. I made ties for the tags using thin strips of Pear Bazzill.

After making four layouts this month, I still have a complete sheet of Bazzill and one of patterned paper as well a several embellishments, so plenty to make another layout.

Thanks for looking, back with the kit for April later this month.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful layouts Lynn, so bright and cheerful. Love how you are using this kit xx

Karen said...

Lovely layouts Lynn and such a bright cheerful kit. x x