Monday 7 June 2021

Simple Stories - Happily Ever After - Mr & Mrs

Hi Everyone,


Claire here with you today sharing my first layout with the stunning Happily Ever After collection from Simple Stories.  You can find it in the shop here - it is beautiful! Full of wedding themed papers and ephemera, and lots of pretty florals that can be used for a whole range of different layouts, not just those special wedding stories.


I started with a piece of white cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack and added some pale pink Distress Oxide in Tea Dye through a small hexagon stencil. I then cut a large hexagon from the We Do paper to form the main anchor for my page. I distressed the edges and added a row of machine stitching for extra interest.

Next, I punched some smaller hexagons in a variety of papers - I used the 2x2 and 4x4 Elements Paper for the green hexagons and the Just Married paper for the black.  I thought about adding stitching to these smaller shapes, but thought it may overload them slightly. Instead, I distressed the edges and rolled up the corners to give a little extra dimension and help them to stand off the page. 



I arranged these around the large hexagon in a triangular shape, to help frame my photo, raising them on foam pads.

Next, I backed my photo with Tie the Knot and a layer of white tissue paper. To the top of this, I added a beautiful black and white striped tag from the Tags paper and began to add floral clusters from the Bits & Pieces pack. They include some beautiful gold foiling which makes the page feel that little bit extra special.


Offset against the photo, I placed another tag from the Tags paper, machine stitched around the outside to give it a subtle border and added a gold eyelet from my stash.



For my title, I chose to use a die cut from the Bits & Pieces pack - a banner saying "Mr and Mrs" and two die cut doves.



To finish the page, I scattered some small die cut flowers, sequins and Nuvo Vintage Drops in Dusty Rose and also added a stitched border around the outside of the page.


I really love how this turned out. The beautiful pinks and greens are so soft and subtle, with a bit of added drama from the pops of black and the gold foiling.  

Next time, I will be back with a non-wedding themed page using this collection to show off its versatility - Until then, take care.


Claire xx


No comments: