Monday 16 May 2022

Super Simple Scrapping ..... Simple Stories Vintage Lemon Twist

Hello

It's Anita here with you today and I have a very quick and simple layout to share with you.

I have been working with the gorgeous, zesty Vintage Lemon Twist Collection from Simple Stories.

Sometimes it's nice to literally just pop a layout together in a few minutes, without any faffing, shuffling papers or spending a few hours fussy cutting and designing....this was one of those occasions!


 

 
 
In all of their Vintage ranges there is at least one sheet of paper that is completely gorgeous and literally ready to just drop a photo onto it and no need to do much else! In the Lemon Twist range it is a sheet called Sunshine and Lemonade and it has the most stunning detail and design on it. 
 
 
 
I wanted to grunge it up, but just a little bit, so I used a small amount of black acrylic paint on a piece of  sponge and gently swiped it around the edge of the page  to create a smudged frame. 


 
I had some bits and pieces left from a sheet of Journal Elements and so I cut a few butterflies out to scatter about and also a section from one of the panels, which I popped underneath the lower photo to just journal the date on.
I always love a little bit of bling too....so just popped 3 different colour gems on!


I thought that was it....but kept looking at it and then realised I felt it needed a little something else on it....to tie in with the black. Using some different glasses and a roll of tape as a stencil I made some circles of dots using a bottle of Black Nuvo Drops
 
That was it, didn't take long at all but I think its a really pretty page. Sometimes its good to just let the paper do all the hard work for you!
 
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my page . Maybe you have already got some of the Simple Stories Vintage ranges , but if not, why not pop over to the SHOP and have a look...there are so many lovely things available and more arriving day by day.

Happy Crafting

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

No comments: