Wednesday 11 May 2022

Sweet Life - Vicki Boutin - Sweet Rush Collection

Hello, it's Rebecca with you today sharing a new layout created using Vicki Boutin's Sweet Rush collection. It took a while for a lot of the ephemera and embellishments to arrive in the UK for this collection so I've been holding back on using a lot of the papers until I had all the pretty things! You can find the full collection in the store here


To begin with, I cut some circles from several patterned papers - Daisy ChainPhotos & Things and Simple Pleasures - and arranged them vertically on a sheet of Premium White Cardstock. Next, I placed a larger, circular photo in the centre. 



I absolutely adore the Phase Thickers in the Sweet Rush collection, so they were the obvious choice for my title. I decided upon 'Sweet Life' (forgetting that I'd used the same title for my previous layout!) and placed this underneath my photo.



In my photo, my little boy is standing at the base of a massive tree, with all the leaves and flowers hanging down around him. He was almost hiding in among the tree, so I wanted this to translate on the page. I fussy cut some florals from the Perfect Day patterned paper and arranged them around my photo, with some of them overlapping, hiding sections of the photo.



Fussy cutting is one of my favourite things to do, and this collection is full of fussy cutting opportunities! Next, I fussy-cut some of the pink flowers from the Daisy Chain paper and arranged them around my pattern paper circles. 



My next victim was the Soar paper, which is just screaming out to be fussy-cut! I love embellishing my layouts with butterflies so this paper has fast become one of my favourites in the collection. Sticking with the blue and yellow butterflies to match the tones in my photo, I arranged some on the layout to look like they were flying across the page.



I finished off the layout with various stickers. I've used some from the Phase and Icon Stickers - drawing on the gold to add a bit of sparkle to the page, and some from Cardstock Stickers.



I hope you've enjoyed this layout and it's given you some inspiration. If you'd like to watch it come together, there is a process video up on my YouTube channel, which you can find here,


I'll be back later in the month with another layout, but until then you can find the collection in the shop here.


Take care,

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: