Monday 30 May 2022

Adding Colour & Texture to Pages

 Hi Lisa here,


Do you ever create a page and you know it's not finished but you can't quite decide how to move forward with it?

You come to a standstill.

My number one tip is always to walk away and come back with fresh eyes.

This worked so well for this page today.



  It was just missing something.


I'd used the Heidi Swapp Paper collection - Sun Chaser - and some Doodlebug yellow alphas, but I just felt the page wasn't finished yet.


   I decided it needed colour and texture.

So I made some tab tops and little banner embellishments.

You can watch the video of this page being made here.



I cut out some hearts and also used the negative that I would usually throw away as frames for my smaller photos.

It just added some good colour to what would have been a very plain part of my page.


 

By adding some tulle and embroidery thread and a coloured staple, it added some great texture to my page. I cut the words from one of the Heidi Swapp papers. Everything was layered together with a hot glue gun.


 I also cut some of the hearts from the Heidi Swapp paper.



I was so much happier with how this page ended up.
It really needed that added colour and texture.

How do you add colour and texture to your pages?

Lisa x

No comments: