Wednesday 6 July 2022

Simple Stories ~ Into the Wild #1 🐘

 Hi! Anna here, this month I’m working with Simple Stories - Into the Wild. This collection this themed around safaris and zoos, focusing on wild animals and adventure! You can find it in the shop here. As with every Simple Stories collection, you can find a variety of patterned papers, chipboard, bits and pieces, page pieces and the relatively new chipboard frames - always such great variety! 

So this collection was perfect for me to document my visit to Animal Kingdom this year. One of my favourite parts of the park is the safari. So that’s what I decided to document for my first layout…

I began by cutting out the 2x2 squares from the centre of the 2x2 and 4x4 elements paper. I decided to create a grid, so printed out my pictures to fit on 2x2 pieces of cardstock. I also cut out some squares from coordinating cardstock and other pieces of patterned paper from the collection. 

I arranged the grid as I wanted and began to adhere them onto a sheet of white bazzill. I always find grid layouts in any form great for using multiple photos.  

I trimmed down my white cardstock to bring in another coordinating colour behind. So I mounted it on to a sheet of  bazzill mocha divine. 

My layout was now starting to come together. But I needed to fill some of my blank squares. I fussy cut a few animals from the going on safari and welcome to the jungle. I also punched out a few Martha Stewart butterfly’s, lifted their wings and added some enamel dots to the centres. I added a few puffy stickers by Bella Blvd which added a few extra details…

I finished by adding my title using Doodlebug Sunshine alphabet stickers

Join me next time for another scrapbook layout using this collection. 

Thanks so much for looking. 

Anna x

No comments: