Friday 8 July 2022

On Island Time - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage, Vintage Seas Collection

Hello, it's Rebecca with you today and I am super excited to be sharing my first layout using the new Simple Vintage collection from Simple Stories - and it's a stunner - Vintage Seas. It's full of lovely blues and reds with a hint of rustic and it is right up my street! I adore anything nautical so this collection is perfect for me.



I started by cutting circles from some of the patterned papers. My circles are cut approx 2 1/4 inches across (about 5.5cm) and I've used a metal die to cut them. I picked some of my favourite papers - By The Sea (B side), Gone Coastal (both sides) and Sandy Shores. Once cut, I arranged the circles into 5 rows across a sheet of Premium White Cardstock and stitched them in place using my sewing machine.



With my circles in place, I then turned my focus to my photo - my little boy sat on the beach on the Isle of Wight last Summer. I was really drawn to one of the Chipboard Clusters and decided to cut the centre out and use it as a frame for my photo.


For my title, I've used one of the Combo Stickers - it was perfect considering my photo was taken on an Island which is renowned for having a slower, more relaxed pace of life. I've also added a sailboat from the Combo Stickers as my son's top has little lighthouses and sailboats on it.



I really didn't need to heavily embellish this layout because the patterned papers add so much beautiful detail all by themselves! I've added a few chipboard pieces from the Chipboard Clusters pack, and some die cuts from the Page Pieces.



To stretch my embellishing further out on the page, I've added some phrase stickers from the Sticker Book to two of the corner circles. I've raised these up using craft foam to introduce some dimension to the outer parts of the design.



I finished off the layout with a couple of acrylic seagulls from Bramble Fox, and some white splatters. For the splatters, I have watered-down some white gesso and as opposed to using white paint as I find the white stays whiter and doesn't soak into the patterned papers.



I hope you've enjoyed this layout and you find it inspiring. This collection is truly stunning and I can't wait to create more layouts with it. If you'd like to watch this layout come together, you can find a process video up on my YouTube channel here.



Thanks for reading! See you next time.


Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft


No comments: