Wednesday 27 July 2022

Doodlebug Designs - My Happy Place - Colour Me Happy

Hi everyone!

Claire here today, sharing my second layout using the My Happy Place collection from Doodlebug Designs.


Last week, I was on holiday in Venice, Italy, and took a trip to Burano - Its full of bright coloured houses - each one painted a different colour. It's so vibrant and reminded me immediately of the cute coloured houses included in this collection.

I started with a piece of Premium White Cardstock  and the b side of the Garden Girl paper - it's full of bold colourful stripes. I tore different length strips, laying some flat and some on foam in an alternate pattern.

Under each side, I added a strip of Homeward Bound paper to help ground the colour.


I decided to print my photos twice. It's the same picture, just once in colour and once in black and white. I double mounted them on some green Bazzill cardstock and Cozy Spot paper

I created some small floral embellishments around the photos using flowers fussy cut from the Garden Girl paper.


I also added in some stickers from the Icon Stickers and This & That sticker sheet.


For my title, I used some small tile stickers from the Simple Stories Color Vibe Alpha Sticker Book and the word Happy from the Odds & Ends Chit Chat Pack.


At the bottom of this vertical design, I just had to use those gorgeous coloured houses from the stickers sheets - they represent the coloured houses in the photograph perfectly!


As a finishing touch, i added a few small clusters of Nuvo Drops across the design to bring in a touch more black, and that was the page complete!


I've thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful collection and hope my layouts have inspired you to create.

You can check out the full collection here.

Until next time, take care.

Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate



No comments: