Monday 10 July 2023

Explore Nature - 49 and Market - Vintage Artistry Nature Study Collection

Hello, it’s Rebecca with you today sharing my first layout of July. I can’t quite believe how quickly the weeks are flying by at the moment. This month I’m creating with the stunning Vintage Artistry Nature Study collection from 49 and Market. It’s a beautiful collection and really reminds me of a couple of the Simple Stories Vintage collections - which is probably why I was so drawn to it! I love the earthy, outdoorsy tones in this collection. You can take a look at it in the store here.




I’m a sucker for gingham and plaid patterns, so I selected the ‘Exploration’ paper to start with. It’s quite a dark paper, so I knew I needed some white to work with. I cut a sheet of Premium White Cardstock down to about 9 inches wide, and then tore along the bottom edge at an angle. Initially I was just going to have this one large white area, but not long after machine stitching it in place, I decided to add a smaller area to the bottom as well. The torn edges and machine stitching help to introduce some texture to the page, which is always something I strive for. 




After marking up where my photo was going to sit, I added some mixed media to my background. I’ve relied heavily on the 6x8 Foliage Rub Ons to add some detail and colour, and then using a Distress Ink in ‘Peeled Paint’, I’ve added a little ink using a sponge. I love that the Mushrooms & Foliage Laser Cut Outs come in large sheets. Once I’d sat and removed them all, I loved the way the negative spaces looked and so I used the space where the fern leaf had been as a stencil to add some foliage to my background (again using the Peeled Paint Distress Ink).




The Chipboard Words Set make for fantastic titles and take away the stress of trying to come up with a title myself. For this layout I’ve used the word ‘Explore’ and have then added a chipboard sentiment from the same pack, which says ‘Nature’, underneath. 




Chipboard is a great way to bring some dimension to the page so I added a couple more bits - a circular log slice and two circular flairs. 




To finish off, I’ve added some leaves, mushrooms and butterflies from the Laser Cut Outs packs. Placing foam pads behind the leaves has allowed me to bring a bit more dimension to the layout and also makes the leaves look more realistic. 




Thanks so much for reading. I hope you’ve enjoyed this layout. Nature Study is a beautiful collection and perfect for any outdoorsy layout or art project so don’t forget to check it out in the shop. 


Take care


Rebecca 

@preciouspagespapercraft







No comments: