Monday 17 July 2023

July Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here with the latest kit from Papermaze. The July kit is available from the shop or online from today. Here are my first two layouts using the bright colourful papers, cardstock and embellishments from the kit.

 

Before looking at how each layout was made, here are full details of what you will find in the kit.


Patterned Papers:
49 & Market - Spectrum Gardenia - Painted Foundations - Pinwheel
Echo Park - Our Story Matters - Happy Plaid
Echo Park - Here Comes the Sun - Brighten your Day Dots
Echo Park - Life is Beautiful - Beautiful Butterflies
Maggie Holmes - Woodland & Grove - Field Notes
Vicki Boutin - Where to Next - One Way Ticket
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - CS White & Pear

Embellishments:
2 Doodlebug doilies, 12" Carta Bella washi tape, 2 - 49 & Market Filmstrip Frames, 6 Prima paper flowers, 50cm ribbon, 6 Jen Hadfield puffy flower stickers,
selection of Rosie's Studio puffy sentiments, pinch of Pinkfresh Glitter Drops, 6 Prima Say It In crystals.

 

Matching Bazzill Basics Cardstock Pack - Mauve Ice, Grenadine, Peach Creme & Blue Star


Bloom Where You Are Planted - this photo shows my daughter, day dreaming on her bed.


This super 'Pinwheel' paper from 49 and Market, needs very little work to make it into a layout.



I prepared all the elements before sticking anything in place. First, I backed my photo with some Black Bazzill cardstock. Then I used a die from a Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits set called Wild Stems #2, I cut eight stems in Black and one each in eight colours to match the segments on the patterned paper.





I used a black and white die cut element from a bag of Ephemera Bits, and cut this into two pieces so it would be seen above and below the photo. From this collection I also chose a heart element for each of the eight colours.





Once I had all this ready, I arranged them on the page. When everything was stuck in place, I chose the title from a set of Pretty Little Studio, Sunkissed Word Titles. I placed some 3D foam pads under this to give it some dimension and attached it to the page.





I selected Dew Drops in eight colours and scattered them around each segment of the design.




Postman Pat and Emily - My little Emily when we visited the local children's farm and she had a ride with Postman Pat in his van!


I started this layout by cutting a star onto a sheet of scrap paper, using the 'Star Pieces' cutfile from Peartree Cutfiles.

I trimmed the white Bazzill from the kit to measure 11.5" x 11.5", then using my cut-out star, I stencilled it onto the white card using Candied Apple Distress Oxide Ink. I also inked the edges of the cardstock.


I mounted my photo onto the black and white side of Happy Plaid paper, and set this aside.

I made a template, by adding tow of the cut-out triangles together, and making a kite shape. I used this to draw round and cut out five shapes from patterned papers from the kit (
Happy Plaid and Brighten your Day Dots). The edges were inked and arranged in place on the layout along with the photo.


With a fine black marker pen, I doodled around the outer edge of the layout, and the edges of all the shapes.

I embellished the layout with the puffy flower stickers from the kit, and small dots, created with a selection of different colours of Nuvo Crystal Drops.


The title was created with stickers from my stash (Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup and Pinkfresh Studio The Best Day)


Finally, I mounted the white cardstock centrally onto the Grenadine Bazzill.

That's all for today, I'll be back with more soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: