Monday 3 July 2023

June Papermaze Kit - Part 2

 

Lynn here today, with more of the Papermaze kit for June available in the shop, and online. This beautiful selection of summery papers in a selection of blues and oranges. Plenty of embellishments and Bazzill cardstock. There are two sheets of card stock in the kit, and a pack of four colour matched sheets in the extra pack. Here are the second two of my four layouts made using this kit, both with a very different vibe - one a heritage layout, and the other with a bright rainbow theme.

Before looking at how the layouts were made, here is a reminder of what you will find in the kit.


Patterned Papers:
49 & Market - Vintage Artistry collection - Everywhere - Ticket Montage
49 & Market - Colour Swatch Inkwell collection - Paper 3
Heidi Swapp - Set Sail collection - Ledger Peach & Circles
Jen Hadfield - Flower Child collection- Keeping Tabs
Prima Marketing - The Plant Department collection - Fleur
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Pigment & Typhoon

Reverse side of papers

 

Embellishments: 7 Rosie's Studio puffy stickers, 2 49 & market frames, 10 water droplets, 10 Crate Paper enamel dots, 2 Prima tickets, 3 Prima tags, 4 lines of Pretty Little Studio stickers, 50cm peach twine.

 Extra Bazzill Basics pack - Bazzill White, Quartz, Powder Blue & Pear

The Marriage - of my grandparents Ernest and Winifred in 1926.



This beautiful foiled paper from Prima Marketing - The Plant Department collection called Fleur is so detailed, it doesn't need much work to make it into a layout. I felt it would be perfect for recording the wedding photo and details for generations to come.
I printed the main wedding details onto some white vellum, which would be placed in the top left corner of the layout. I lined this up with the straight sides of the paper, then tore the other two sides. This was attached to the page with five large gold eyelets. Blue twine was threaded through the eyelets and tied in a bow to the side.


My photo was mounted onto Powder Blue Bazzill from the kit and placed in the centre of the layout. I found an elegant piece of lace in my stash to hang from under the photo.



I printed more details onto vellum to fit over one of the Prima tags from the kit. I added another gold eyelet and more of the blue twine.  This was placed to the bottom right of the photo. 


Finally, I embellished the tag and the photo with two of the Rosie's Studio puffy phrase stickers from the kit.

Making Rainbows for Hope - This layout records the making of rainbow badges and magnets for friends and relatives during lockdown in 2020.


It's was difficult to choose which side of this lovely
49 & Market - Colour Swatch Inkwell collection paper to use, but in the end wanted a fairly plain canvas for my rainbow, so chose the 'B' side.


I used a Paige Taylor Evans cutfile for stitching, and tilted the image before cutting the holes for stitching the rainbow. Then an evening's work in front of the TV to stitch the colour bands using DMC threads.


I mounted my photos into the two 49 & Market frames that came in the kit and arranged them on the layout.



I cut cloud shapes from white card and added my journalling. I placed them to the bottom right of the photos, together with a couple of the smaller fimo rainbows I made.



I arranged my long title around the top of the rainbow, using Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup puffy letter stickers in various colours.


Embellishments were added with items from the kit - 10 water droplets and the Pretty Little Studio word stickers.

That's all from the June kit, back soon with the July kit.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: