Wednesday 2 August 2023

July Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here today, with the second pair of layouts from the bright and bold kit from Papermaze. The July kit is available from the shop or online.

  

Before looking at how each layout was made, here are full details of what you will find in the kit.


Patterned Papers:
49 & Market - Spectrum Gardenia - Painted Foundations - Pinwheel
Echo Park - Our Story Matters - Happy Plaid
Echo Park - Here Comes the Sun - Brighten your Day Dots
Echo Park - Life is Beautiful - Beautiful Butterflies
Maggie Holmes - Woodland & Grove - Field Notes
Vicki Boutin - Where to Next - One Way Ticket
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - CS White & Pear

Embellishments:
2 Doodlebug doilies, 12" Carta Bella washi tape, 2 - 49 & Market Filmstrip Frames, 6 Prima paper flowers, 50cm ribbon, 6 Jen Hadfield puffy flower stickers,
selection of Rosie's Studio puffy sentiments, pinch of Pinkfresh Glitter Drops, 6 Prima Say It In crystals.

 

Matching Bazzill Basics Cardstock Pack - Mauve Ice, Grenadine, Peach Creme & Blue Star


Fuchsia Fairy - A photo of my daughter in the costume I made for her to wear to school for Book Week.

I started with the sheet of White Bazzill from the kit and created a multimedia backdrop. I used a selection of stamps from my stash and stamped random shapes in Black archival ink. I flicked some ink over the page with Distress Oxide Inks in Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet.


I cut two pieces from 'Field Notes' paper, these were both about an inch wider and taller than my photo. I placed the paper pieces (showing both sides), and the photo, fanned out across the centre of the page. Together with one of the doilies (cut in half), I stuck them all in place. 


I decorated the page with one of the pink filmstrips from the kit and several different black and white washi tapes from my stash. I wrote my journalling alongside the photo on the patterned paper.


My title was added using 'Be Kind' Thickers, and I embellished with sequins from my stash and the Prima Crystals from the kit. Finally, I tucked in three tiny images of the Fuchsia Fairy from the web.


Race for Life - I wanted to record my experience of running for Cancer Research, and this also gave me a way of storing and displaying my medal.


For this layout I chose the 'One Way Ticket' paper as the background, with the pink grid side up. I inked around the edges of the paper, using Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink.



I prepared two photos, one for the start and one for the finish. I placed these in the centre, but only stuck them in the centre of each photo, allowing me to tuck elements under later. 



I cut the second doily from the kit in half and placed one half on the edge of the page to the bottom left side. I popped the other half of the doily at the top of the photos. I cut the film strip in to and placed these pieces above and below the photos.


I used the pink ribbon from the kit and together with a few others from my stash I applied them radiating from the photos. Then I trimmed the ribbon for the medal and attached it so it would hang from the photos. 



I made a small tag with a scrap of white cardstock, inked the edges and made a bow with the kit ribbon. Then I added my journalling and placed the tag over the doily on the left of the layout.


The title of my layout was created with some turquoise glittery foam letters, from my stash, and Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup letter stickers in Bubblegum and Swimming Pool.


That's all for today, I'll be back with one extra layout from this kit later.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: