Wednesday 9 August 2023

Stay Wild - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Essentials Collection

Hello everyone, it’s Rebecca with you today blogging from my summer holidays on the Isle of Wight. Although it’s feeling more like an autumn holiday with the awful weather! At least bad weather usually means lots of scrapbooking!. This month I’ve been loving creating with the Simple Vintage Essentials collection from Simple Stories. It’s the perfect collection for those of us who love scrapping the boys/men in our lives. You can buy the collection from the store here.




I thought I’d try something slightly different for this layout and scrap photos of different sizes. (Mainly because of the way I had them printed out!!) I’ve cut sections of patterned papers and layered them behind my photos, selecting a brown paper and a black paper. Behind these, I’ve added a couple of film strips from the Captured Bits pack. Underneath these, I’ve added some strips of the ‘Authentic’ paper, running in the opposite direction. Distressing the edges of these papers has helped to introduce some texture to the page. 




Once I had all the papers stuck together behind my photos it made it easier for me to move them around as one piece so I could decide where I wanted to position them on my background. It also helps when it comes to mixed media! I’ve really been enjoying combining this collection with some dramatic stamping using my black Staz On ink. 


I’ve used a variety of stamps, adding them around the edges of the patterned papers so that they are just peeking out. With a bronze Nuvo Crystal Drops, I’ve scraped some colour on to the background using a plastic spatula too. When this catches the light, it adds a little bit of sparkle. 




Once my background was dry, I adhered my papers and photos using some adhesive craft foam to bring in a little dimension. 


I absolutely love the Foam Stickers with this collection - the pack includes 2 different colour ways - black with cream writing, and cream with black writing, so I selected one of those to use for my title. 




I felt with all the stamping on the background, I didn’t need to add much in the way of embellishments. I’ve simply added a few pieces of floral ephemera from the Botanical Bits, some sequin waste (punchinella) and some fussy cut butterflies. 




I finished the page off with some sequins, and dramatic black splatters. 


Thanks so much for reading, I’ll be back next week with another layout created with this fabulous collection. In the meantime, don’t forget to check it out in the shop! 


Take care,


Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft



No comments: