Monday 14 August 2023

You Are My Happy - Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Essentials Collection

Hello, it’s Rebecca back with you today, sharing my second layout created with the amazing Vintage Essentials collection from Simple Stories. I’m loving pairing this collection with some grungy mixed media so I pulled a few supplies out for this layout.


I began by cutting a couple of strips of patterned papers, one shorter than the other, and tearing along the bottom of them to introduce some texture. I machine stitched the smaller strip in place on top of the larger, and then added some zig zag stitching for effect.


After matting my photo with a darker patterned paper, I adhered it to the strips with a layer of craft foam behind it. I always like to add foam behind my photo(s) to make sure they sit raised from the page, therefore remaining the focal point.

Once I had these larger elements stuck together, I was able to mark out the area where I wanted my mixed media to sit. I began by adding some grey ink to a sheet of Bazzill Marshmallow Cardstock using a Brayer. I love the effect brayers give – they also offer lots of control so perfect if you’re a bit nervous of mess! Once this was dry, I added some script stamping using black Staz On ink. On top of this, I pressed some Nuvo Glimmer Paste through a Tim Holtz stencil. I added a dot of black acrylic paint to the paste to darken it, being careful not to lose the glitter effect. I finished the mixed media off with some black splatters.


Behind my photo, I added some white sequin waste and black netted material to bring some more texture to the layout. I love building layers using different materials.


For my title, I’ve used my all-time favourite Simple Stories product – the Foam Stickers. I am always in awe of the amazing fonts Simple Stories come up with for these stickers, and the phrases are also perfect for lots of different titles.


I finished the layout off with a few ephemera pieces from the Botanical Bits pack. This pack is fabulous - it includes 38 die cuts including florals, butterflies and dragonflies!

 

I hope you’ve enjoyed the layouts I’ve created with this collection. It has fast become my new favourite Simple Stories collection (and yes, I know I say this every time they release a new collection!).

I’ll be back later in the month with a new layout using the gorgeous Vintage Artistry Sunburst collection from 49 and Market.

Take care

Rebecca x

@preciouspagespapercraft

No comments: