Friday 16 February 2024

February Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today with a lovely, romantic new Papermaze Kit for February. I have created four layouts using this kit and here are the first two.




Patterned Papers:
Mintay Papers - Happy Birthday collection - MT-HAB-05
Stamperia - Roseland collection - Flowers
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Love Story collection - 2x2/4x4 Elements & My Heart
Simple Stories  - Fresh air collection - Fresh Start
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Happy Days - Little Blossom


Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Cherry Splash and Walnut Cream (included in the kit). Yukon Gold, Blossom, Flintstone and Sea Glass (extra Bazzill pack).


Embellishments:
3 wooden hearts, 12" lace, 5 water droplet unicorn hearts, 1 exclusive acrylic word, vellum, 2 Simple Stories Chipboard Clusters, 1 strip of Pinkfresh enamel dots, 5 P13 tickets and a selection of word stickers.


Always - one of the official photos from my daughter's wedding.


I created the mixed media background on the Walnut Cream Bazzill using Distress Oxide Inks of several shades of red and pink, watered down on the craft mat, and transferring it to the card on a scrap of acetate. Once dry I stamped the word 'love' several times with Distress Oxide Ink and some old cling foam alphabet stamps from Tim Holtz (Idea-ology Type Lower). I spritzed the letters with water to allow them to oxidise further.


Once the ink was dry, I stamped with 49 and Market - Gabi's Stitches Clear Stamp Set, and Onyx Black Versafine ink (any water-resistant ink can be used).


I cut some of the images from the '2x2/4x4 Elements' paper and layered these with the photograph on top.


The Papermaze February Kit exclusive acrylic word was added as my title to the bottom right of the layout.


From the kit I added more embellishments, including the water droplet hearts, wooden hearts and mini word stickers.

Other gems and water droplets were added from my stash.


Happy Together - This layout shows my nephew and his girlfriend on holiday.


I started this layout (inspired by Paige Evans), by cutting a large heart from the centre of the Sea Glass Bazzill. With the cut out, I drew around the heart, onto a scrap sheet of 12" x 12". I used this to work out where the scalloped shapes would need to go, and a few lines helped me to line the up too.


I cut scalloped strips approx. 0.75 deep, in strips about 11" wide from the 'Little Blossom' and 'Fresh Start' papers. I used both sides of the papers to vary the patterns and stuck them sown in overlapping rows. Once the heart shape was covered I added the heart cut-out sheet over the top of the scrap sheet and glued this on place.


I glued the photo in place, then added a fine lace trim around the heart edge.


I made three clusters of flowers, using paper flowers from my stash to match the paper colours. I layered up the flowers, then used brads to hold the layers together and attach the flowers to the page.


From the Bazzill heart shape left over, I punched some leaf fronds, and inked them with some Distress Ink to make them a slightly darker shade. I added these to the flower clusters.


I added a title using Doodlebug Designs Loopy Lou cardstock stickers in Lily White. To make the letters stand out, I drew around the edges with a black marker pen.


That's all for today. back with more soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: