Wednesday 21 February 2024

Simple Stories - True Colors - All About Me

Hi everyone,

Claire with you today, sharing my second layout with the True Colors collection from Simple Stories. You can find it in the shop here. 

I really love the bold colours in this collection, and today have quite a simple but striking layout to share with you.


To start, I wanted to create a subtle background to my smooth white cardstock that came in the Matchmaker Pack. I pulled out the Little Getaways Stencil from Vicki Boutin's Where to Next collection - I had treated myself to these for Christmas. Using a dry brush I added some Distress Oxide in Black Soot.  I brushed very lightly, slowly building the colour.  Most of this will be covered, but you see a small hint of the stencilling as the base layer which helps create depth on the page.

I really love the Chipboard Frames in this collection - they're so fun and have great designs that make creating easy. I opted for this square frame, and cut two squares of the Can't Get Enough patterned paper into 4" squares - the same size as the frame.


I layered these on top of each other, slightly offset and raised on foam to give extra separation. To help the patterned papers stand out, I added faux stitching with black pen around the edges.

Cutting a thin strip of pink cardstock from the Matchmaker pack, I used a punch to create a scalloped edge and ran this under the photo frame. I used this to house my title, created using the Foam Stickers.


On opposite corners of the frame, I created floral clusters, using the Floral Bits & Pieces. 

I curled the edges of the florals to create movement, and adhered some on foam and some flat for layered dimension.



To the bottom cluster, I also added a small phrase sticker from the Cardstock Sticker sheet.


To the right of the frame, I added a tag from the Tag Elements paper, attaching a eyelet and twine from my stash.

As a final fun touch, I stuck a clip from the cardstock stickers to the edge of the frame. I really like the extra pop of yellow this brings and think it finishes the page really nicely.


I can't recommend this collection highly enough. It's been so much fun to create with and I'm sure it won't be in stock for too long, so get your hands on it here.

See you next month.
Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate

No comments: