Friday 27 May 2016

Carta Bella - Old World Travel Part II

Hello, Lynn back with a second post using the Old World Travel papers from Carta Bella. This time I wanted to record the fact my Grandfather spent some time in India during the First World War. I recently discovered he put together an album of his travel photos. Selecting a few of these to scan I was able to add them to his portrait for this layout.


I used some Kraft Bazzill for the background together with 'Propella Plane' for the top and 'World Traveller' for the bottom. The strips across the centre were from the Element Sticker sheet and 'Border Strips'. I cut a post card from 'Dear To Me' and did some journalling on this before placing it in the centre of the page. From here the other elements were arranged around the post card.

I used half a small Tando Creative chipboard clock, three mini photos from the album, and one larger one printed and cut to fit the aperture of the Sizzix Frame die. I cut the frame from Bazzill. The frame and clock were both treated with Antique Linen Distress PaintGlossy Accents and Gilding Wax.


A few bits from my stash were added along the way - small charms, lace, twine, pleated ribbon and an acetate doily. Then more element stickers and Ephemera from the Old World Collection finished the page off.


My title was created by cutting letters from corrugated card using the Sizzix Bigz Extra Large Die - Block Talk. I embellished the letters with Stampendous Frantage Aged Teal Embossing Enamel.

Thanks for looking
Lynn x

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautiful work Lynn, loving all the efemera you have displayed with it too x