Wednesday 24 October 2018

Echo Park Celebrate Autumn - Oh My Gourd!

Hello, Karen here today with a layout using the Celebrate Autumn collection from Echo Park. This collection is perfect for getting in the autumn mood and I had fun using it to create a layout with photos of my daughter taken last autumn.


I started by sticking an 11" x 11" piece of the Falling Leaves (B Side) patterned paper in the centre of a 12" x 12" sheet of the Autumn Friends (B Side) patterned paper.  I machine stitched round the edge and using my finger nails I roughed up the edge to give a bit of dimension.


My two 6" x 4" photos were matted onto white cardstock and then layered on the layout with pieces of brown cardstock and Fall is Fun (B Side) patterned paper, which I punched with a notebook border punch. I machine stitched round the edges of these too and stuck some washi tape from the Simple Stories Say Cheese III collection at the top and bottom.


White paper doilies were tucked underneath my photos and a tag threaded with Bakers Twine , which I sprayed with Mango Blaze Cosmic Shimmer Mist, was tucked underneath the right side. I used some very old clear stickers from my stash to add my title.


Two embellishment clusters were added to the layout using some beautiful Prima leaves, some buttons and cute pumpkins which I fussy cut from the Pumpkin Farm patterned paper.


I also used words cut from the branding strip on one of the sheets of paper in one of the clusters.


My journalling was printed on paper strips on the computer and attached to the lower right of the layout.


The layout was completed with the addition of the date using Websters Pages The Good Life Little Letter Stickers and a scattering of gold sequins.

I really enjoyed putting this layout together and you can find Echo Park's Celebrate Autumn collection and lots of other autumnal supplies over at the Papermaze shop.

Take Care
Karen x x

3 comments:

Anita said...

Gorgeous page Karen, really vibrant! Loving the stitching and all the little embellies.... and what great pics!! xx

Lynn said...

This is very clever use of photo and title Karen, super layout, love the autumn collections and what you have made with this one especially.

Karen said...

Thank you Lynn & Anita. x x