Wednesday 20 March 2019

Family is the Anchor..... Prima Midnight Garden pt 2


Hi There

Its Anita here again today and I have a quick little post to share of an altered frame that I have made to hang in our home. I have used some more of the Prima Midnight Garden range, which is very elegant and lush.




I have had this frame for quite some time and never quite knew what to do with it, so I thought this might be the perfect opportunity.
 

I painted the whole frame with 2 layers of white chalk paint and when it had dried I gently sanded it back in places with a fine sandpaper to expose the black and give it a *shabby* look.



On the top have I removed the photo aperture mount strip  and popped in the photo with a panel of  Rose Receipts on either side of the photo to fill the rest of the frame.


In the bottom section of the frame I used a wide strip of Midnight Garden
This has some really pretty copper metallic detailing on it in amongst the flowers.


 I had some little wordy stickers that I picked through and chose those that I thought worked on this piece.



In my own stash I had some copper chipboard letter packs so I used them for the title and the quote underneath.... I also added some little copper dots to the corner of the frame.

I much prefer this look to the original frame and am now looking forward to displaying it at home.


Thank you for looking xx

Warmest wishes
Anita xx