Friday 1 March 2019

February Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Lynn here today, back with more from the Papermaze kit for February - a lovely collection compiled by Vanessa once again. Both my layouts are from two different, family weddings.


Before we start, here is a reminder of what is included in the kit:
 
The February Kit
Patterned Papers:
American Crafts - Vicki Boutin - Field Notes Collection - Take Flight
Studio Light - Ultimate Scrap Collection - SCRAPUS06
Authentique - Sea-Maiden Collection - Sea-Maiden Seven
Bo Bunny - Something Special Collection - Ritzy & Swell
Jillibean Soup - You Make MISO Happy Collection - Dashi

Bazzill cardstock: Peacock & Natural


Reverse side of patterned papers
Extra Bazzill Pack
Extra Bazzill cardstock Pack: African Daisy, Moody Blue, Aqua & Walnut.


Accessories: 3 paper flowers, 18" Prima lace, 12" net, 1 strip gems, 6 buttons, 1 Scrapiniec chipboard piece, 12" Little B washi tape, 1 stamp.


Gracious is my first layout for today, and features my nephew's bride being prepared for the wedding.


Using this kit has challenged me to use some strong coloured cardstock. My initial thought was to use this patterned paper with the Natural cardstock, but then I laid it out on the Peacock and was pleased with the combination.

First I took the Peacock cardstock and used the Tim Holtz Dot Fade Layering Stencil and some Vintage photo Distress Oxide Ink to work randomly across the page, in the areas where the patterned paper finishes. Then I dripped Antiqued Bronze Distress Paint onto the Bazzill too.
Using the sheet of paper from Studio Light - I tore this into several strips. Selecting pleasing areas from the patterns on both sides. The main section is 6" deep, then I tore pieces 1", 0.75"  and 2 at 0.5". This left a piece 3.25" for die cutting.


From the section measuring 3.25" I cut two incomplete doilies, using Sizzix Doily, Jewel Heart Thinlits set. I also cut a heart from this set. The left over scraps were used to punch leaves later on.


I used the stamp from the kit to do a little random stamping over these papers. On the 6" section I used a script stencil and some texture paste mixed with Distress Oxide Inks - Peacock Feathers and Vintage Photo. The stencil is from Crafter's Workshop and is called Art Is.I inked the edges of the papers and die cuts using the Distress Oxide Inks and arranged them on the layout as shown. The heart was raised up with 3D foam pads and I tied a bow through the top with some white organza ribbon. The doilies were tucked between the layers of papers. I inked the
Scrapiniec chipboard piece with the Oxides and arranged this over one of the die cut circles formed when cutting the doilies. 

I added a selection of flowers from my stash and created leaves with a Martha Stewart punch using the scraps of patterned paper from this layout and the turquoise side of the Swell paper.

Then I decorated the leaves with some Stickles, and used some stickers from my stash - glittery hearts, word stickers, and a chipboard title. I used some flat-backed gems around the circle and doilies, and a larger gem in the centre of the
Scrapiniec chipboard piece. Finally I used some Nuvo Crystal drops scattered around the flowers.

Cherish is my second layout and shows me with my daughter's ready to leave for Emily's wedding.



This time I did use the Natural Bazzill, lots of Distress Oxide ink and stencils. Starting with the Tim Holtz Gothic Layering Stencil I used this like a stamp, I placed a mixture of Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon, Evergreen Bough and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink on my palate. I sprayed a little water onto the ink and ran the stencil through it. Then I stamped the stencil onto the Bazzill. I repeated this three more times, so I had an area of colour top, bottom and both sided of the page. Then using the same colours I inked through the Burlap Layering Stencil. I used the stamp from the kit with some Jet Black Archival Ink to stamp randomly over the coloured areas.

I trimmed the net from the kit and ran it down the centre of the page, then mounted my photo onto a piece of Swell paper. The photo was added to the layout with some 3D foam pads.

I had some scraps of Sea Maiden paper which I inked and tucked under my photo. With more of the Sea Maiden paper I die cut swirls using two different dies from my collection. I arranged these around the photo and added the flowers from the kit together with some of my own. I made a small bow from some aqua organza ribbon and cut a few butterflies from left over Take Flight paper. I added the coloured gems from the kit plus a few clear ones from my stash.

My title was an old rub-on definition Making Memories I found in my stash. 'Cherish - to feel or show great love for someone'.

Thanks for looking, back with the March kit later in the month.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

Absolutely beautiful pages Lynn, gorgeous colourway and perfect use of the kit x

Karen said...

These are beautiful Lynn. x x