Before looking at how the layouts were put together, here are the kit details:
|Reverse side of papers|
Kaisercraft - Whisper collection - Earthy and Buff
Kaisercraft - Everlasting collection - Admirer
Kaisercraft - Scrap Studio collection - Album
Prima - Lavender Frost - Hidden Truth
Stamperia - Rose with Scriptures SBB581
Bazzill - Stonehenge and Quartz
|Extra Bazzill Pack|
Sisters - The photo I have used here is over 115 years old and features three very stern looking, widowed sisters - Julia, Adelaide and Rebecca Jane.
I gutted a piece from a sheet of Stonehenge Bazzill, I only wanted to take a piece from the bottom half of the card, this needed to be at least 4" x 10", and was set aside to use later.
I used Frayed Burlap Distress Ink for all the inking on this layout. All my edges were distressed and inked.
I cut the Earthy paper to measure 11.5" x 11.5". I made two tears in the edge of the paper, both about 1" deep (one about 2.5" up from the bottom on the left and the second about 3" in from the right along the bottom). I then cut a banner shape from scrap paper (8" x 4"), and used this as a template to draw a guide on the paper where I wanted to cut the shape from. I cut the shape with a craft knife, distressed and inked the edges and replaced it the other-side-up, back into the gap I had taken it from. This was all stuck down onto the gutted Stonehenge Bazzill.
From the piece of Stonehenge Bazzill I cut another, smaller, banner shape - 7.5" x 3". This was mounted onto the page below but overlapping the first banner. At this point I splattered some Picket Fence Distress Paint over the whole page.
I cut a 1/4 section out of the doily, and mounted the 3/4 remaining, to the top left of the layout, then laid my photo to cover the missing section and overlap both banners as shown in the picture.
I tucked small pieces cut from the 1/4 doily under the tears in the patterned paper. I printed my journalling onto white paper, then I layered this onto a piece of Stonehenge Bazzill, which I cut slightly larger than the paper.
I cut three butterflies from the Buff paper, and raising the wings with 3D foam pads, I glued the bodies in place onto the layout. I used some flower stamen for the butterflies' bodies and antenna by folding them in half and twisting them back on themselves, then glued them over the paper bodies. I used three different sized enamel dots around each butterfly.
I added a length of five ribbon roses along the bottom of the photo. With two chipboard fronds form an earlier kit, I inked the leaves and added one to each side of the photo. The Stitched Dusty Attic piece was glued onto the banner under the roses.
Finally I made a title with some Kaisercraft Chipboard Alpha #3 letters. I painted them with more Distress Paint - Picket Fence base, then dabbed with a little Worn Lipstick. Once dry the letters were coated with Diamond Glaze to make them glossy.
Rose Emma is the title of my second layout today, and it features my Great Aunt Rosina Emma, known as 'Rose'. My layout was inspired by the beautiful work of Bec Genet.
Starting with a scrap piece of 12" x 12" card, I cut and mounted two strips of Admire paper (3" x 12"), with the stripes running vertically. I stuck one to each side of the card.
I used a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - THS077, and some texture paste coloured with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink. Once dry I added a piece of 5" x 12" Hidden Truth paper to the centre of the page.
From my stash I used cream lace and some beaded lace and ran a strip of each down the length of both sides of the Hidden Truth paper where it joins the Admire paper.
I cut different sized tags from the other side of the Hidden Truth paper using some nesting tag dies by Crafter's Companion. I added two clusters of three tags tucking them under the lace on either side of the panel. I used a little embroidery thread through the holes in the tags.
Using a Sizzix Nesting Oval Frame 3 die set, I cut the outer frame from Olive Bazzill. I treated the frame with Versamark Ink and Stampendous Frantage Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel. The centre was more Olive Bazzill and I used the smallest die to cut the photo. These were all added to the layout with 3D foam pads. I die cut a swirl (Autumn Morning - Crafter's Companion) from Olive Bazzill and mounted this under the frame.
I selected some small paper roses from my stash and arranged them as seen in the picture. I added a few flat backed pearls to the swirl.
Finally the title was made with more Olive Bazzill and The Boxed Brush Sizzix Sizzlit alphabet. I also used a few tiny alphabet stickers.
That's all for today, I have two more layouts using this kit to share with you early in April.
Thanks for looking.