Wednesday 6 March 2019

Simple Stories - Freezin' Season - Let It Snow

Hello, Karen here with my final layout using the Freezin' Season collection from Simple Stories. Hopefully the risk of anymore snow this year has passed, but as the photo I have used on my layout today was taken in March last year, I guess there's still a chance. 😕


I trimmed a sheet of Frosty Friends (B Side) paper to approx 11.75" square and matted this onto a sheet of Bazzill Beach cardstock before machine stitching round the outside edges with with white thread. 


I then cut a 5" x 11" piece of the 4 x 4 Elements (B Side) paper and a piece of the Shiverin' (B Side) paper to 8.5"x 5" and stuck these to the layout. My photo was matted on white cardstock and then stuck to the layout using 3D foam with a doilie and strips of the Sweater Weather paper tucked underneath.

In my stash I found a gold foiled pocket envelope which I stuck to the bottom right corner of the layout overlapping the edge of the photo.


Using some white acrylic paint and gold foil I distressed a couple of Dusty Attic Wordpl@y chipboard words and glued these to the pocket envelope.


I die cut some snowflakes from white cardstock and covered them in white microfine glitter before attaching to the layout. Because I used a liquid adhesive to apply the glitter the snowflakes curled a little as they dried but I liked the effect as it added extra dimension to the layout.


Cozy Chipboard Thickers from the Pebbles Cozy & Bright collection, which I had left over from a previous DT kit, were used to add the title.


The layout was finished off with a scattering of sequins and journalling strips printed on the Beach cardstock.


You can find this paper collection as well as lots more in the shop and I'll be back soon with another layout to hopefully inspire you to scrapbook your memories.

Take Care
Karen x x 

3 comments:

Sadie green said...

Lovely layout, the red and gold look fabulous ❤️

Lynn said...

This is lovely Karen. x

Anita said...

This is really pretty Karen xx