Monday 22 July 2019

July Papermaze Kit

Hello and welcome to the romantic July Papermaze kit. A very pretty collection of papers and embellishments which is currently available in the Papermaze Shop. I have been busy creating and here are the first two layouts I have made:




Here is what comes in the kit:



Patterned papers:
Stamperia - Spring Botanic collection - Poppy & Herbarium
Graphic 45 - Love Notes collection - Floral Symphony & Lovely Lyrics
Graphic 45 - Bloom collection - Plant Happiness
Carta Bella -Botanical Garden - Poppy Petals

Bazzill cardstock - Guacamole & Walnut Cream


reverse side of papers


Embellishments:
2 Graphic 45 Journalling cards, 2 Heidi Swapp Acetate words, strip of gems, 2 chalkboard label stickers, 12" washi tape, Tim Holts Quote Token, 18" Red jute twine, 12" ribbon, 3 red flowers, chipboard exclusive to Papermaze.




Extra Bazzill Pack - Maraschino, Coral Cream, Aloe Vera & Black Prismatic

Together Forever - A photo from my nephew's wedding last year. 



I gutted the
Maraschino Bazzill to make a frame of 4cm, setting aside the rest for later. 

I tore around the edges of the Floral Symphony paper so that it measured approx. 29cm x 29cm. I made some tears and folds in the paper.

My photo was mounted onto some of the spare
Maraschino cardstock and then arranged onto the layout using the two Graphic 45 journalling cards. I cut away some areas of the cards that would not show, and used the pieces to tuck behind the tears and folds in the paper. I also used the strips I trimmed from the paper for this purpose too (flipped to the other side).

With a Scrapinic chipboard shape and some black and gold embossing powder, I heat embossed the shape and tucked it between the layers - under the photo and on top of the journalling cards.

From my stash I took some deep cream lace, and laid this across the layout. Then I added a length of black organza ribbon and another of red seam binding ribbon. I tied a bow in each of the ribbons before securing them in place. I used some cream paper roses in various sizes to decorate the page. 


Finally I die cut a title using the remainder of the Maraschino Bazzill and the Sizzix Thinlits set - Handwritten Love.

Happiness - Still on the theme of weddings, this photo was from my daughter's wedding two years ago and shows Emily and Jack running through the orchard at their wedding venue - The Night Yard. It was inspired by the art work of Emma Williams.



This time I gutted the Guacamole Bazzill, to leave a frame of 2.5cm. Onto this I attached a piece of Graphic 45 Bloom paper, after cutting it to measure 28cm x 28cm. I distressed and inked the edges of this paper with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I gutted the Bloom paper leaving a frame 4cm wide, and giving me some spare paper to cut words and images from later. 

I gutted the Aloe Vera Bazzill to leave a frame of 2.5cm and set this aside for my next layout. Then from the rest I trimmed a piece to 23cm x 23cm, again I distressed and inked the edges. I used a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Burlap, and mixed some Forest Moss Distress Oxide Ink together with Texture Paste to create a few areas of texture on the cardstock.

With a little Distress Oxide Spray - Peeled Paint I sprayed and flicked ink over the cardstock too. Once dry, I mounted this over the Bloom paper with a trimming of loosely woven Burlap around all four sides.

I used a large Kraft Distress Tag to tuck under the photo for my journalling. The edges of this were distressed and inked. With some strands pulled from the burlap, I tied the
Quote Token to the tag.

With some of the Guacamole Bazzill I die cut some lace using the Sizzix Thinlits set - Crochet. Then with some scrap watercolour paper, I die cut three daisies and some grasses using the Sizzix Thinlits set - Wildflower Stems #1. I used Distress Oxide inks to colour these flowers - Peeled Paint for the stems and Fossilized Amber and Mustard Seed for the flower centres. Then I added some detail with a Distress Marker in Brushed Corduroy. I flicked water over the flowers and stems and left them to dry. With Spun Sugar Distress Ink, I tinted the petal ends. The bunch was tried together with more threads from the burlap and mounted to the right of the photo.


From the remains of the Bloom paper. I cut the title words some butterflies and a postage stamp. I inked them all with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and added them to the page.

Finally I added some flat-backed pearls in different sizes, randomly over the page.


That's all for today, I will be back with more from this kit in two weeks.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful layouts from a lovely kit Lynn, you worked your magic once again xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous layouts Lynn and such wonderful photos to work with. x x