I hadn't done any mixed media for a while so decided to get a bit messy with this one using a mixture of Distress Ink Pads and Dylusions Ink Sprays. I marked where I wanted the spider webs to sit on my background and used the packaging technique to add some black distress ink. I watered the black down before adding it to the page and then mopped up the excess with a tissue so that it wasn't too dark. I then went a bit mad with ink spatters in all the colours from the papers - black, green, purple, blue, orange and then added a few silver splatters too for good measure!I popped the spider webs up on foam pads to add dimension.
At this point I decided that there was too much white. I'm all for embracing white space, but it was bugging me with this layout so I decided to add a border using the Prize Wheel patterned paper. I felt that this tied in all the colours really well. I then added some thread clusters behind the spider webs in orange, green and purple threads. I used some of the journalling cards from the reverse of the Prize Wheel paper to matt my photo and backed it up on foam.
I used some halloween patterned papers from my stash and a set of alphabet dies to create my title, and finished my layout with some nuvo drops in coordinating colours.
I hope you've enjoyed this layout - the collection is now available in the shop.
I'll be back later in the month with another layout using this collection.