Monday 4 November 2019

October Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Welcome to the second part of the Papermaze October KitLynn here today with more layouts using the very pretty, romantic kit.




Before explaining how I made the layouts, here are the details of the kit itself:


The patterned papers are:
Pink Paislee - Indigo & Ivy - 03 & 08

Cocoa Vanilla Studio - More Than Words -  Precious
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Midnight - Moonlight
Kaisercraft - Two Souls Collection - Leafy
American Crafts Dear Lizzy - It's All Good - Seek Magic


Reverse side of the papers
 Bazzill included - Coral Cream & Bazzill White

Embellishments included -

Pinkfresh Studio phrase stickers, 3 large pearls, 1 kraft die-cut butterfly, 6" x12" American Crafts acetate, 1m twine, 2 Tando chipboard butterflies, 1 prima flower, 2 paper flowers, 12" frayed ribbon, 5 cream buttons, 1 mini butterfly stamp, 1 strip mini pearls.

Extra Bazzill Pack


Four sheets of Bazzill - Powder Blue, Pinkini, Beewax & Stonehenge.


Together Forever - Catherine and George outside the ruins of Cooling Castle.



For this page I used the pink side of the 'Moonlight' patterned paper, but because I also wanted to use a little of the script side, I did a little gutting before building up the page. 
This piece was 10cm x 15cm and was distressed, inked and then cut into two pieces - I cut a piece from the top left 1.6cm x 11.5cm. The Distress Ink I used is Hickory Smoke.


I used the Amy Tangerine Flowers Acetate and trimmed around edges following the outline of the leaves and flowers. This was placed to the left side of the page. I used a few spots of Glossy Accents to attach the acetate invisibly.



I used Powder Blue Bazzill to make a deep border mat for my photo. My mat measures 12cm x 17cm, this was distressed and inked with more Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. 

I took four small doilies, two pink (one used upside down to give a different shade) and two white, from my stash. Then together with the matted photo and the script pieces I arranged and stuck them all in place.

I created a spray of gold flat-backed, self-adhesive pearls from the kit, working from the top of the photo to the top right of the layout. 


I attached the Prima flower to the bottom left of the photo and added four of the cherry blossoms paper flowers to berate a cluster. Leaves were created with more Powder Blue Bazzill using a leaf dies from Tim Holtz Thinlits - Small Tattered Florals set. The leaves and title were inked with Work Lipstick Distress Ink.

The title was die cut with Tim Holtz Thinlits - Handwritten Love set.



Love Sweet Love

The photographer took Catherine and George out into the field for a series of photos after the service. 




I started with the Pinkini Bazzill and stamped a border with Jet Black Archival Ink and one of the Stitches stamps from 49 & Market.

With the 'Leafy' paper (white and green leafy side up), I took about a third of the sheet and some Distress Oxide Inks. I swiped Spun Sugar, Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint onto a craft mat, and spritzed a little water onto each colour. Then used a brush to apply stripes of colour onto the paper. Once dry I tore the paper into strips of different widths. I flicked some of the remaining paint onto the Bazzill.


I applied the strips of paper vertically, overlapping one another, and a slightly different heights, I also added some from the grey script side of the paper. I also used the manufacturer's strip, picking out the wording.

I applied my photo over the strips of paper, and drew a light pencil circle round the main focus of the photo, overlapping onto the Bazzill. Then I ran a fine line of glue over the line and applied the twine, twice around the circle, tying with a bow to the left side. 


From bottom left to top right of the photo I scattered the buttons and the large flat-backed self-adhesive pearls. Then some dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops (Simply White Gloss), and Nuvo Glitter Drops (Gold Coast). 

Finally for the title - 'Love' was created with scraps of card and paper and die cut using the Tim Holtz Thinlits Shadow Script #1 set. The words 'sweet love' are made with Pink Fresh Studios Tiny Puffy Alpha Stickers. 


I have made four layouts with this kit so far and still have all of this left over, two sheets patterned paper and two sheets Bazzill and other bits. Plenty to make another layout or some cards. 


Thanks for looking.
Lynn x


1 comment:

Anita said...

More lovely layouts Lynn, love the soft colours. This is going to be such a beautiful wedding album xx