Hello, Lynn here with the pretty Papermaze Kit for the month of July. Lovely pastel shades of lemon, lilac, aqua, blue and pink, with much bolder purple. Together with the extra Bazzill pack, the kit is available in the shop from today.
Here are my first two layouts:
Before I explain how the layouts were made, here is a list of what is in the kit.
Kaisercraft - Amethyst collection - Flutter & Gem
Pink Paislee - Bloom Street collection - #08 & #19
Fancy Pants Design - Cherry on Top collection - Flavour Burst
Heidi Swapp Art Walk collection - Escape
Bazzill Basics Cardstock: Pansy & Avalanche
Reverse side of papers:
Washi tape, cheesecloth, 30cm lace, 3 Tando butterflies, 2 wooden
feathers, 2 strips Doodlebug jewels, 3 cherry blossom flowers, 1 Prima
flower and Pinkfresh puffy word stickers, 2 pieces Pinkfresh acetate
As always there is a pack of four sheets of Bazzill available as an optional extra.
Ocean Breeze, Chiffon, Tutu Pink & Purple Palisades
The Good Life
- This photo of me was captured recently in the garden by my husband -
he says it's me in my element! We certainly have plenty of garden here
in our Suffolk home to keep me busy!
layout was inspired by the cut file which I cut once as it is
presented, then flipped horizontally for a second cut to give me a
mirror image. The cut file is from Handipaper and the inspiration from a layout by Nathalie DeSousa.
with the Bazzill Purple Pallisades, I cut it into three pieces 30cm x
10cm. Setting one piece aside for later I flicked ink over the other two
pieces. For this I used Dylusions Ink Spray in Black Marble and White Linen (flicked rather than sprayed), and diluted Distress Oxide
Ink in Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac (giving a chalky effect). Once
dry, these were glued vertically to either side of a scrap sheet of 30cm
x 30cm paper.
I cut a piece of Kaisercraft - Amethyst collection - Gem to measure 30cm x 10cm and this was placed in the centre of the Bazzill.
the cut file I cut the two floral borders from Avalanche Bazzill and
placed them along the edges of the patterned paper over the Purple
Pallisades Bazzill, to give some dimension and movement I only used glue
along the straight edge.
From the remainder of the Purple Pallisades Bazzill I trimmed both 30cm sides with a Martha Stewart Border Punch,
then trimmed them to give me two strips 2.5cm wide. These were glued
into place overlapping the cut file pieces by adhering the straight edge
only, leaving me room to tuck something underneath later
took the cheesecloth from the kit and opened it out. Then I wiped
Distress Oxide, using the two purple shades onto the craft mat and
spritzed with water. I dragged the cheesecloth back and forth through
the ink until I had some of both shads and a mix of the two showing. I
also left a few parts white. This was left to dry, then I cut strips
and tucked them under the trimmed Bazzill as shown in the photo.
I cut six of the smaller butterflies from the Kaisercraft - Amethyst collection - Flutter paper, inked the wings and placed then randomly onto the page with 3D foam. I added Nuvo Glitter Drops to the wings and Nuvo Crystal Drops to the bodies.
From the kit I used the Doodlebug jewels to scatter over the page, together with some lilac Dew Drops from my stash.
My title was made with Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day Puffy Alpha Stickers.
Daisy Girls - These photos of my girls were taken in 1993 in the garden when Nanny was visiting and she made them each a daisy chain.
I made the border by gutting a sheet of Pansy Bazzill, leaving a frame of 2.5 cm. Then I trimmed the Pink Paislee - Bloom Street collection - #08 paper to measure 29cm x 29cm.
Before attaching the paper to the Bazzill frame. I used the Vicki Boutin Wildflower and Honey Stencil and some texture paste to apply some daisies to the background.
While the texture paste was drying I set about fussy cutting the largest butterflies from the
Kaisercraft - Amethyst collection - Flutter
paper. I inked the edges with Wilted Violet Distress Ink, then I
sculpted some shape into the wings with the blade of my scissors. I
attached some pearl stamen to each butterfly for antenna. The
butterflies were attached across the middle of the page with 3D foam. I
added some Diamond Stickles to the veins on the wings, and I found some
gold pearls to stick to the daisy centres.
Finally the title was made from Purple Pallisades and Pansy Bazzill using Tonic Studios Uppercase Alpha Die Set - Windsor.
So that's all for today! I will be back with more from the July kit in two weeks time.
Thanks for looking