It's Anita here today with my 2nd layout using some Sunkissed papers from Kaisercraft
I am not normally a scrapper who works on cardstock for a background ( too intimidated by all that white space! )
But I love how the vibrant colours in this tropical collection are really intense against the starkness of the white.
Plus I only had a few little scraps to play with so white space just had to happen!
I started by stamping the rows of stitches on the top left and bottom right corners using 49 and Market Clear Stamps - Gabi's Line Stitch
I really like this set of stamps, it contains 7 different sets of stitches and is very effective. I do try using the actual sewing machine but I normally end up with it chewing my layout up LOL!
And then set about some fussy cutting!
All of the gorgeous flowers, leaves, butterfly and that lovely toucan were cut from the sheet of Pineapple Sour
I cut the square frame apart to make it work around my photo. The colours in the original photo were lovely, however I had it printed in black and white so that it would contrast nicely against the vibrancy around it.
The 'Escape to Paradise' was cut from the reverse side of the sheet of Martini ( this is actually covered from top to bottom in quotes in all colours, very usable!)
Confession time now....... The sparkly bling was not on my original plan for this layout ( even though I normally use it on EVERYTHING I scrap) I was really trying to keep this page as clean and simple as possible. However....somehow I got a dirty mark on it :( and when I tried to wipe it..yep made it worse!
So I needed something to cover it..... out came the bling...but then I had to sprinkle a bit here and a bit there. Only then I felt the flowers looked a bit plain...so out came the Stickles!!
At this point I knew I was then in danger of hitting the spray mist and paint and then the next thing would be NO WHITE SPACE! So I had to step back and sit on my hands! That was hard!
I really wanted to use some ink or paint though, so in the end decided maybe a title would be a good idea.
I had made a bit of a mess with my sprays and didn't like how it was
going and was cleaning up using wet wipes. Have you noticed how nicely
they smudge things? Actually I should probably say blend I
guess.....sounds more artistic!!
I took a strip of white smooth cardstock and squirted 5 different Dylusions colours on the end, then took a wet wipe and dragged it across the strip....so pretty!! Well I thought so anyway.
I used the following colours
After it had fully dried I used an old metal alphabet template I have in my stash, to draw round and cut out. There are so many different colours available in ink sprays now that I think you should be able to match up with literally any papers you are using from any collection.
I will certainly be using this technique again ( especially as I have never been any good at blending inks when using sponges and pads etc)
I hope you have enjoyed my post. Why not pop over to the SHOP and have a look about. Lots of new things arriving all the time, but also there are some real treasures in the older collections too....something for everyone!
I will be back later in the month to share with you again.
Happy Crafting Everyone!