Friday 10 July 2020

June Papermaze Kit - Part 3

Hello, It's Lynn here today with a further two layouts made using the June Papermaze Kit. This month I have been able to make a total of six layouts.
 

Before we look at how these layouts were made, here is a reminder of what you will find in the kit:



For a full list, links and details please see the previous post June Papermaze Kit.


The Butterfly Effect - This layout shows photos of my daughter and me, taken in front of The Butterfly Effect Mural in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia during our time in Washington DC last year. 
 

To create this page I chose the sheet of Rain Bazzill, I gutted this to create a frame of 2.5cm which I set aside for the next layout (below). I then gutted the remaining piece to give me another frame of 2.5cm. for this page.

All my inking on this page was done with the Broken China Distress Ink pad and a blending tool.


I used the Vicki Boutin - Let's Wander - Around Here paper as the little houses reminded me of the style of the buildings in the Old Town. The other side with the blue splodges is perfect for the colours in the photos. 

More gutting took place here with the patterned paper - I gutted a piece 24cm x 24cm from the centre of the page. I used the houses side as a wide frame for the layout, with the Rain Bazzill next and the splodges paper in the centre on top.


With the Tim Holtz, Sizzix Thinlits Tag set of dies I cut one tag in white card from my stash, then the top part of four more tags, using some of the Rain Bazzill, a scrap of Stonewash Bazzill and some scrap pieces of
Vicki Boutin - Let's Wander - Chasing Stars. I also used some of the Rain Bazzill to mount my photos.

I created the title on the white tag using a Sizzix Alphabet die set and some
Pinkfresh Studio Just A Little Lovely - Mini Puffy Alpha Stickers. Then mounted photos, two doilies, white tag and 4 part tags were all arranged onto the page. I strung the Baker's twine through the holes in the tags.

My journalling was written around the layout on the Rain Bazzill. With the washi tape from the kit, I cut short lengths and added the pieces to the layout in various places. I used a few clear gems on the doilies. Finally I added two butterfly stickers from the Truly Grateful Puffy Phrase & Accent stickers - Thickers pack.


Wonder - This picture was taken in 1996, my daughter on holiday in North Norfolk. 


This layout is based on the Pebbles - Sun & Fun - Make A Wish paper. I loved the tiny dandelions all over the paper and the colours were great for these photos of adventurous Emily. 

Using the patterned paper as the base for the layout I placed the frame of Rain Bazzill cut earlier over this using foam tape to raise it up and allow me to tuck elements underneath.

I mounted the photos and a journalling block (graph paper), onto Hilary Bazzill and arranged them across the layout.

To reflect the images on the paper I cut a bunch of dandelions using two Memory Box dies. I didn't have exactly the right shaped leaf, but the Sizzix holly leaf works well! I used Distress Inks to colour the stems (Peeled Paint) and the flower centres (Chipped Sapphire). I arranged the leaves and then the dandelions across the bottom of the page, overlapping or tucked under the frame.  I cut the seed heads off two dandelions and scattered them over the page.  


I used the word 'Wonder' sticker
from the Truly Grateful Puffy Phrase & Accent stickers - Thickers pack and stuck this at the top of my journalling block, before adding my scribbles.

That's all from the June kit, I will be back with the July kit soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x


1 comment:

Anita said...

More lovely pages Lynn, so much detail on them xx Great colours too! xx