Monday 31 May 2021

DIY Easy Junk Journal - Safe Travels

 Hi, Lisa here!!

If you follow me online you will know how much we love to travel.

I know that we obviously haven't been able to do that for some time now, so instead I've been happily catching up with documenting my previous trips and also preparing for future trips.

Today I'm sharing how I'm creating a new journal to use as a Bucket List Journal.

I would like somewhere to keep all the places we wish to travel to one day and maybe also research these places and have everything all in the one place.


We love Dr Seuss so I picked up this secondhand book to upcycle and I used the Simple Stories - Safe Travels collection here to start my pages inside. 


 

I do have a full process video so you can see how this was created on my YouTube channel here.



I removed all the pages and spine to create an extra wide spine and then bound the pages back in again.

This will allow the journal to expand as I add bits and pieces to the pages.



I used the Simple Stories collection inside to make the blank inside cover and pages more fun.
The 4x6 elements here are so fun to cut up. I left the top part adhesive free so they can be used as a pocket. 


And I've done exactly the same at the back of the book.


The journal elements are so fun. I'm going to use this 'travel bucket list' to document our top wish list of places to visit.


I'm so looking forward to working on more pages now.


You can really see how perfect this collection is.


I hope you like this new journal of mine.

I'm really happy with it.

Thanks so much.

Lisa x
 
  

No comments: