Wednesday 5 May 2021

Pinkfresh Studios, Keeping it Real - using Big Mood Side A by Meg

Hello, it's Meg here today sharing my third page using the gorgeous Pinkfresh Studios Keeping it Real collection. Yet again this page practically made itself, due to the perfectly matching tones in the collection!


I was inspired to make this layout using the scraps of my last page I shared, but this time with the other side (side A) of the beautiful patterned Big Mood paper! 
Here they are side-by-side - my two layouts using each side of Big Mood. 










I had these arches leftover from the diagonal cuts I'd made and I loved the different colours but some of the arches had their tops cut off, so I decided to layer other arches behind them with foam to make them 3D and complete, then I cut out the centre of the yellow arch to make it into a 3D frame for my photo. 



After that, I mixed some paint to coordinate and splattered behind where I wanted to stick the arches - I actually used a piece of card folded in half like a birthday card to prop over the paint splatters each time, to create distinct lines and stop the paint from mixing together. 

I used the coordinating tonal floral die cuts above, below and on the arches, enamel dots, a few icons fussy cut from Daily Grind and I punched a few flowers out of the Big Mood stripey side to add some extra accents. 

Finally I added a title in white thickers from my stash so that the bright colours above would be the main focus and I journalled below.  



And there you have it - a second layout made from the scraps of my last layout and those wonderful floral die cuts. 
I hope you enjoyed this page - there's still some of this collection left in stock if you would like to try a similar project! 
Take care, Meg x

No comments: