Tuesday 18 May 2021

Paige Evans - Wonders - The Wonder of You

Hi everyone!

It's Claire here popping back in to share my second layout with you using the Paige Evans Wonders collection. You can find in the shop here.

For this layout, I'm focusing on Paper #6.
Its a really colourful, vibrant paper full of semi circles, which to me immediately looked like bunting, and ideal for scrapping celebratory photographs.



I whipped out my trusty scissors and started fussy cutting.... A lot!  Originally, I was planning a design along the right side of the page but it didn't look quite right. 


Instead, I decided to cluster strips centrally on the page, trimming them down to create a rough triangular shape.

I lay each row alternatively - the first flat, the next raised on foam pads and so on. This allowed me to add a bit of depth and create some movement.



Because the colours in the collection are quite bold, I've printed my photos in black and white, and backed them twice - once with Paper #22 and once with Paper #13. I've distressed the edges of both matting layers for a bit of extra texture.



Next came the embellishing! To the photos, I added some chipboard tabs from the Chipboard Sticker Sheet, a banner from the  Dimensional Banner Stickers and some puffy stickers, along with some flat stickers from the Sticker book.



I also scattered the Puffy Stickers throughout the banners for extra interest and dimension, along with some black and gold Nuvo Drops.


To add my title, I used a combination of the Alphabet Foam Thickers and Paper #19



I first backed the Foam Alphas on a piece of vellum and cut around each letter. This helped to mute the background colour of the banners so the letters were easier to read.

For the 'Wonder' part of my title, I cut each letter from Paper #19 and outlined it with a thin black pen to help it stand out. Each letter was raised on foam pads and placed on top of the banners along with the foam alphas. 

To finish the page, I trimmed a slight elongated semi circle from the top and the bottom of the page and mounted it on coloured Bazzill card from the Matchmaker Pack. A final splattering of gold ink and that was the page done! 



I love how this one turned out - it really was the perfect paper to use to document those wild sparklers on Mr Claire's birthday cake last year!

I have really enjoyed creating with this collection. So much so, keep your eyes peeled for an extra bonus layout which I'll be sharing with you in a few days time. 


Claire  x


No comments: