Monday 3 May 2021

April Papermaze Kit - Part 2

I'm here today with the next post showing you what I have created with the April Papermaze Kit. This kit is full of spring & Easter, pretty pastel papers, card and embellishments. This time I have created a double page layout, inspired by a Page Maps Sketch.

As always, let's find out what is included in the kit:

Patterned papers:
Simple Stories - Bunnies + Blooms collection - Tags
Echo Park - Welcome Spring collection - Bumblebee Breeze
Echo Park - Welcome Easter - Pastel Petals
Echo Park - Welcome Baby Girl collection - Dreamer Floral
Kaisercraft - Flower Shoppe collection - Conservatory
American Crafts - Paige Evans - Go The Scenic Route - #12
Bazzill Basics - Avalanche & African Daisy

Embellishments:
Large doily, 4 buttons, 12" washi tape, 5 paper flowers, 1 resin rose, diecut polaroid frame, 3lines gold puffy phrase stickers, 3 large pearls, clear stamp, exclusive acrylic phrase.

Extra Bazzil Pack - Quartz, Wisteria, Hillary & Jetstream



Easter Bonnets - As a base for these pages I used two sheets 12"x12" scrap paper, this enabled me to cut up and make the most of the patterned papers and cardstock from the kit.

To prepare the pages, I cut the following:
Jetstream Bazzill - 20.5cm x 30.5cm & 10cm x 30.5cm
Bumblebee Breeze - 10cm x 30.5cm (Bee side), 8cm x 15cm & 23cm x 15cm (yellow side)
Pastel Petals - 20cm x 30.5cm (floral side) & 6.5cm x 21cm (green trellis side)
Go The Scenic Route #12 - 7.5cm x 22.5cm
I inked the edges with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.

These pieces of paper were then arranged onto the base paper (for placement see the sketch), when sticking into place I allowed some edges to be free of glue so I could tuck the tags in place later.

April 2021 Page Maps Sketch

I mounted all the photos onto African Daisy Bazzill, then made a second mount for the portrait photo using Quartz Bazzill. The photos were arranged across the yellow check patterned paper on the layout. I raised the portrait photo on foam pads, and the other three were glued to the page. 

With scraps of Avalanche Bazzill I trimmed two strips with the Mini Daisy Fan Martha Stewart Border Punch.

From the remainder of the 'Tags' paper I cut 12 tags, inked the edges, punched holes and added large white eyelets from my stash. I arranged them around the page tucking them under some of the other papers, leaving enough white space for my journalling.

I had some pretty pale blue silky twine in my stash and threaded this through the eyelets in the tags. Arranging in loopy fashion and gluing in place onto the page.

I used the washi tape in the kit to trim various areas on the pages.


To embellish I made some flowers from the Bazzill scraps, using the Tim Holtz - Sizzix Thinlits set - Funky Floral Large.


My title was created with some Thickers Alpha Stickers.

For more detail here is a closer look at each page:



That's all for the April kit, Back with the May Kit soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: