Monday 13 September 2021

Jen Hadfield, Peaceful Heart collection - Thankful by Meg

Hello all! 

I'm sharing my first layout today using Jen Hadfield's Peaceful Heart. I absolutely love all of Jen Hadfield's collections - they are always so stunning and classy and combine so well together! Peaceful Heart is a lovely collection to mix and match with any older collections you have hiding in your stash already, to give them a refresh and get them used up! 

So here is my page today: 

The first thing I did when I received my DT pack, before anything else, was start fussy cutting the beautiful large florals from the Breathe Deeply paper. I wasn't even sure what I wanted to do with them yet, but I just love cutting out florals! I fussy cut a couple of clusters and stuck them together to form a large cluster, before cutting out duplicates of the two central flowers, to make them 3D. I created 3D stamens for the flowers by fussy cutting the sunshine side of the Look Up paper and curling the edges. 

I chose the Be Kind paper and Peach Creme Bazzill cardstock for my background as I really liked the way it looked with the peachy tones in the oversized cluster and the contrast with the dark green foliage. I thought about cutting a cutfile out of the Be Kind paper with my Cricut as I think the pattern would look subtle and classy, but I ended up using the full sheet as the background and cutting five strips from the Peach Creme cardstock. I folded up the edges of the longer sides and adhered them to the centre of the page closely together, so that the raised edges created some texture and interest. 

After moving the cluster round on the page a bit, I decided to have it sort of off-centre above my photo. I splattered some watered down white acrylic across the cluster and around the page then I began making some paper tassels. These were just simple strips of fringed paper, rolled up with some double sided tape. The paper I used for it was Thankful and Yukon Gold Bazzill cardstock, which matched the floral 'stamens' absolutely perfectly! If you didn't fancy making your own tassels though, there are some gorgeous tassels here as part of the Peaceful Heart collection. 

I decided I wanted to use some vellum somehow on the page to soften things up, so I scrunched an A4 sheet up in a loose concertina to overlay across the Peach Creme strips. I tore the longer sides to again add a little more interest. I adhered this to the page using foam tape under my photo, the large cluster and by placing a couple of small stitches on the side of the page in white thread, just to hold the edges of the vellum down and stop it from lifting too much. 

I finished by creating a cluster to go below my photo - I fussy cut the 'Hello' note paper from the Thankful paper and layered it with some pieces from the Icon Ephemera packet. I actually journalled straight onto the 'Hello' note paper, but I messed it up so I cut out the wood effect 'Thankful' from the Thankful tags paper and I journalled on that instead, which I adhered over my mistake! It ended up a happy mistake though as I like the effect it gives and the bold 'Thankful' I incorporated into my journaling. 

Finally I used a few small peach puffy stickers that I already had in my stash and then I was done! 

This was quite a quick layout to come together as I'd already done the fussy cutting. After doing that, it just came together nicely as the colours and all the pieces just coordinate so well!

Thank you so much for visiting today and I hope you have a lovely week! 

Take care, 

Meg x 


No comments: